Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Highly affects resale value

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • You have another opinion all together

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just asked my opinion about resale values of used bikes. ?It's always been my opinion that unless the mods have been done in engine performance (ie, big-bore, turbo, Nitrous,) excluding pipes, pc3, maps, Mods add little to the resale value of a bike.<br><br>whats your opinion?
Any major mods I'd rather do myself. I prefer mostly stock bikes with maybe the basic bolt-ons. You get a highly modded bike alot of times its been highly rodded as well wowold.gif laugh.gif And you never know the quality of the work that went on inside it...and why its being sold. Aftermarket goodies, for me, don't usually make the bike worth much more at all.

When I run a value for a bike, an aftermarket part that replaces an OEM one is simply considered an owner preference item and doesn't really add any value. So screens, chrome, CF, and polished stuff means little. "Custom" paint may add some value, like maybe 20% of the paint bill (with receipts). Alarms are good for about 50% of their cost, and additional goodies can add a bit. Thought I'd give the view of someone who has to determine a value on bikes on a regular basis. On a more personal level, I like it stock, clean, low miles, and with evidence of good care. I suspect the work quality of every modification including pipes unless bought with a PCIII and a good map. (How long did it run w/o a good map? Why did it need paint? Stock parts available? How much has it been hot rodded?) It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and most potential buyers won't appreciate your mods. The biggest exceptions might be right here in our own community, so this is a good place to shop.

Hey Guys,
A little food for thought...I paid eight grand for my bike two years ago. It came with around fourteen thousand worth of receipts. It was still listed for sale for quite some time...
Respectfully,
Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back