Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Was just asked my opinion about resale values of used bikes.  It's always been my opinion that unless the mods have been done in engine performance (ie, big-bore, turbo, Nitrous,) excluding pipes, pc3, maps, Mods add little to the resale value of a bike.

whats your opinion?

I think that mods add tremendous value TO THE PERSON DOING THEM. However, people have to remember, that the more they personalize them, the less room they leave for someone else to do the same. So the mods can actually be a detractor, unless you find someone who is looking for some of the mods you have as a quick head start. Things that are cosmetic usually add little value....performance a little more so....but again, all depends on the person buying the bike. I know that I wouldn't get the money that I've put into Bessie if I sold her, but personally, I plan on running her into the ground! Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!

If I were in the market for a used bike I would want one with low miles in almost new condition and no mods wink.gif

agreed... what Vic said about what slow-and_easy said about what frisbee said about what MC said (HEY!?!)
smile.gif

Anything over a exhaust and PC is not going to get you even remotly close to what you have invested. Take my bike for instance. Clean maintained and has IMO all high end quality stuff (ie, wheels exhaust, rearsets, etc.). It also has about 4k in the motor.

Everything added all up falls slightly short of tripple the cost of a new Busa. I seriously doubt I would get anything over 14-15k for it and it would be gone for that price. The bike has been kept in my dining room since new. I modded away knowing this so Im not to worried about it.

Anything over a exhaust and PC is not going to get you even remotly close to what you have invested. Take my bike for instance. Clean maintained and has IMO all high end quality stuff (ie, wheels exhaust, rearsets, etc.). It also has about 4k in the motor.

Everything added all up falls slightly short of tripple the cost of a new Busa. I seriously doubt I would get anything over 14-15k for it and it would be gone for that price. The bike has been kept in my dining room since new. I modded away knowing this so Im not to worried about it.
I agree about getting your money outta it.... the more you do the less likely you will get your money outta it. smile.gif

how am i suposed to read and understand you fuggers when im dopped up on pain killers when you type like that....ok i agfree

You will never get your money back with mods but, I like the bike personalized to me and I know that i willl take a lose in that department.

Actually more that not, you get less with a moded bike vs a clean perfect stocker. But then who cares, if you ride the heck out of it (which I do) it's not going to bring much anyway. And just think of all the enjoyment you'll have just having something different that reflects you   hot.gif  hot.gif  jump9.gif

hot.gif

I think that mods add tremendous value TO THE PERSON DOING THEM.  However, people have to remember, that the more they personalize them, the less room they leave for someone else to do the same.  So the mods can actually be a detractor, unless you find someone who is looking for some of the mods you have as a quick head start.  Things that are cosmetic usually add little value....performance a little more so....but again, all depends on the person buying the bike.  I know that I wouldn't get the money that I've put into Bessie if I sold her, but personally, I plan on running her into the ground!  Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!
A little late on this one but I agree with this post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back