After being on a Busa, would you own a 600 again?

i got a 600 i'll sell ya cheep. low miles, only wheeled once :rofl: . a gal gave it to me after buying it for her boyfriend, he rode 1500mi and decided to play stunt rider. turns out he sucks at it, wrecked the bike, dumped her too. i got it for free:cheerleader:
wanna make it into a wheelie mechine to play with in the back yard.

you can never have too many bikes!

bike pics 027.jpg

I agree with both sides pretty much...i want a track bike, but the 600 alone wont curb my hunger..im thinking the 750 is the perfect mix. Yes the busa can corner, but it takes more work and concentration. The gixxer is the perfect bike if u want torque and agility. And as far as keeping up with liter bikes in turns. I lean the busa with the best of them and i can tell u thats bullshyt. The experienced rider on an r1 will smoke the experienced rider on a busa..its physics. Very simply put!!!!

I don't think too many people here would disagree that an EQUAL rider on a 1K would have the advantage in the tight stuff.

I would LOVE to have a 750, for playing.

I gave up my gixxer 750 for the busa. Iwant a 2nd street/track bike. I would pick up a 750 in a heartbeat. Has a better poiwer range than the 600 and will give 1k's fits. Easier to stay in the power band a n a blast to ride. Gixxers are more comfortable than the honda and yammy 600's.:thumbsup:

The Busa is not a good corner bike. A smaller bike will spank it every time. I've heard that banter being repeated over and over on this forum. Who was it? Oh yeah, Tuf. :poke: :laugh:

Okay. Now that I'm done poking fun at Steven, Go get a couple of school days at a road race track. Absorb like a sponge. You can become very formidable on the Busa against almost any rider on a smaller bike. Even with the weight advantage of a smaller bike, many street riders don't have the skill or courage to push the limit to what a skilled pilot on a Busa can achieve.

:beerchug:

You can have just as much fun on your busa in the canyons as you can on a smaller bike. Your busa does everything well. With some track time and instruction, you'll be able to spank most if not all your friends on lighter more agile bikes. Riding a smaller bike won't make you a better rider.

Spend your excess cash on good suspension for your busa and whatever is left, spend it on track time and instruction. You'll become a formitable opponent on your busa. :beerchug:

Sounds like a plan!

I have an R6 as well as the busa and enjoy riding both. I had planned on attending a couple track days but it didn't work out this year. Next spring the R6 and I will get some track time in.

IMG_1173.jpg

I am actually thinking about purchasing a older model 600 when I return. I mean I love my busa but want something a lil smaller when I feel like just cruising around town.

I'd love to have a 600/750 track bike, but would never replace my Busa with one.
I've got extra wheels and tires, mirror block offs, etc.., so I'm track ready with the Hayabusa. Now just gotta wait until spring and the return of warm weather.

problem with going to a 600 after a busa is the missing torque! You pull the throttle back and go WTF! No Go! At least a 1k still has close that feel!

+1, I feel like I'm wake up the Neighbourhood RPM 7000+ on a 600cc No power below that I go with a 750 ot 1000cc

GSXR 2010 is my next Bike... Holding out maybe for a Yoshimusa 1000rr. We will see..

Hey!

had busa and a R6.
I have to say i enjoy the R6 more than the heavy busa.

Thats why i sold the hayabusa and am now on the R6, the only drawback is really the lack of ability to carry anything.

On most roads i can keep up with the busas (exept for the straights) :banghead:

But the bike is light, flicks easy, has enough highend power but compared to the busa the bigest drawback on performance view is the torgue but it dosent really matter to me that much.

No way I'd step back down to a 600....for any reason. I'm a big guy and swallow 600s or anything smaller than my busa under me. Not to mention the lack or Tq, no storage, ergonomics. Now if I wanted a bike to play with for just flicking and tricking I'd go with a gsxr750.I'm partial to the older 02-03s. Great all purpose bike for the dollar. Still can't ride one longer than 30min without my wrist going numb.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the 600's they are a blast to ride on the twisties and on the track much more flickable than the Busa

I would imagine that I would have an extremely tough time following the factory break-in procedure on a 600. I would end up raping it from the start. I need the low end grunt to keep me happy. If I could I would buy back my 03 SV 1000, or get a liter bike. I think between the 600 and the 1000 is about 30 lbs. or so.

IMGA0664.JPG

IMGA0663.JPG

I have both a Busa and a R6...

the Busa is my cruiser... long trips, interstate riding, when I want to get there quick :laugh: ...

the R6 is my fun mountain bike, trips on back roads, short trips around town.. and he also comes in handy on cold winter nights (the R6 puts off an UNGODLY amount of heat)..

Yes.. the Busa CAN do the twisties just fine.. but to tell you the truth.. it just wears me out by the end of the day. On the R6 I can ride all day up in the mountains and still have the energy to :banana:

just my :2cents:

Riding the Busa in corners requires conditioning. Both body and mind need to be worked on. You don't need to be a body builder, but you do need to be in reasonable shape or the weight of the Busa will wear you out quickly compared to a much lighter bike. Strong core muscles are the key. Try riding a heavier bike for a while. The Busa will feel light and very flickable.

Kudos to the smaller riders that ride a Hayabusa. It's no small task for slow speed turns either.

I bought a FZ6 on Craigs list 2 months ago and got to say its a kick in the butt to ride in the hills , I never owned small bike like this , but being a upright sports bike and a detuned R6 my poor Busa sitting in the garage for awhile , I dont mind its keeping the mile down on the girl and I take her out when I want to shine.

DSCN0673.jpg

Back