After being on a Busa, would you own a 600 again?

NuckaMan

Registered
I'm currently in the market for a more flickable bike, something for when I head to the hills and canyons for some turns.

Now after riding a Busa exclusively for awhile, I'm wondering if I would miss the raw power on tap the Busa offers if I got something along the lines of a GSXR-600 or ZX-6r. It's either that or a used 1liter.

Wondering if some of you have both a 600 and the 1300.

Oh yeah, without a doubt, the Busa is a keeper....forever.

any of the new liter bikes will run right along side the busa until you tap out the mph end of the spectrum.. But then again, the liter bike is not very comfortable after a few hours of seat time for most..

Try out the new R1 or how about the BMW 1000RR..

any of the new liter bikes will run right along side the busa until you tap out the mph end of the spectrum.. But then again, the liter bike is not very comfortable after a few hours of seat time for most..

Try out the new R1 or how about the BMW 1000RR..

Hoping to have one in my garage by this time next year! Whether it will be sitting next to my Busa is yet to be determined. ???

You can have just as much fun on your busa in the canyons as you can on a smaller bike. Your busa does everything well. With some track time and instruction, you'll be able to spank most if not all your friends on lighter more agile bikes. Riding a smaller bike won't make you a better rider.

Spend your excess cash on good suspension for your busa and whatever is left, spend it on track time and instruction. You'll become a formitable opponent on your busa. :beerchug:

I can tell you that our house their is a Busa and two SV650's in our garage. One of the SV's is my bike and the other is hubby's track bike. He loves the track bike, but it is a track only bike. When he gets a chance take my SV out on the road, he does and has a blast!

I know for sure we have members that have 600's. Post up! (I want to hear their opinions as well.)

you can have just as much fun on your busa in the canyons as you can on a smaller bike. Your busa does everything well. With some track time and instruction, you'll be able to spank most if not all your friends on lighter more agile bikes. Riding a smaller bike won't make you a better rider.

Spend your excess cash on good suspension for your busa and whatever is left, spend it on track time and instruction. You'll become a formitable opponent on your busa. :beerchug:

+1 :beerchug:

You can have just as much fun on your busa in the canyons as you can on a smaller bike. Your busa does everything well. With some track time and instruction, you'll be able to spank most if not all your friends on lighter more agile bikes. Riding a smaller bike won't make you a better rider.

+100:thumbsup:

I've gone from a Ninja 650r to a Yamaha FZ1 to a 05 Busa, and now I'm on a Honda 1000rr.

And in between that I've rode several buddies bikes which range from GSXR-1000 to R6's.

If it's just a canyon ride the 600's are nice but I like the take off power of the liters especially in the city. You never have to ring out the power of the 1000's which I love. RIding in the mountains I rarely go above 5 to 6000 rpm's.

The 08/09 Honda CBR 1000rr is an awesome bike, light as all the 600's out there with the power of the 05 Busa I had.

So for me no 600cc but perhaps a 750 but if it was anything like the GSXR-1000, I rode I don't think I will be comfortable where as there 1000rr is only slightly less comfy for me then the Busa was. I do miss the extra storage the Busa was capable of though.

Right now you can find some smoking deals on the 08 1000rr's especially if your back east. Just get rid of the stock tires if you get one, they suck.

I like having options. I ride the CBR F4i 600 to work daily (driven the truck a total of 5 times so far in the calendar year, rain days when it's raining when leaving for work).

DSC08147.jpg

Now this wouldn't be a fun bike for long distances, too uncomfortable for me.

My intension was to turn this into a track bike, but plans changed...

I was looking at a brand new 08 gixxer 600 today... Out the door $7999... So yeah I would.

Yup....hard times, means good deals for the ones fortunate enough to take advantage. saw something similar today also.

I wish a new liter bike is in the cards for me, but I just can't swing it (well, mostly I don't want too). But that new Beemer 1K, that looks very interesting. But there are just so many good deals on used 1k's out there, it's hard justifying buying a new one right now. Especially when all the big-4's have pretty much stopped development work on the future 1k's for next couple of years.

While the Busa is definitely capable of keeping up with anyone in the turns (straights...not even worth mentioning) but when riding with some my boys who are extremely capable riders, it would be nice to have something a little lighter and more nimble when in the canyons. Keeping up is not the issue, making less work and more fun is.

:thumbsup: Totally agree, I ride with guys on local tight mountain roads, good riders/track day riders, ZX10's , GSXR1k , VTR 1k the busa doesn't get left behind, on the contrary, in alotta spots I get away from them.
Last time I rode a 600 it felt like a moped, I dont know how anyone can go back ? I'd go as low as a 1k thats it. I dont mean to sound like a horsepower snob, but thats my2c.

problem with going to a 600 after a busa is the missing torque! You pull the throttle back and go WTF! No Go! At least a 1k still has close that feel!

All the people that I've known to go back to a 600 from a Busa for just street riding regretted it. Now having an agenda is different. If your looking at trackdays then that's a different thing altogther.
Sometimes certain people are just not cut out for a bigger bike like a busa. The extra heft is just alittle more than wanted. Usually the fix for that is to go to a literbike so that you have the power AND lightweight. Still, I see no reason to go back to a 600 for streetduty unless it's just what you want.

Last edited:
After spending some time on an R6 last summer at race school I would love to get my hands on an older one to use as a track bike!:thumbsup:

I agree with both sides pretty much...i want a track bike, but the 600 alone wont curb my hunger..im thinking the 750 is the perfect mix. Yes the busa can corner, but it takes more work and concentration. The gixxer is the perfect bike if u want torque and agility. And as far as keeping up with liter bikes in turns. I lean the busa with the best of them and i can tell u thats bullshyt. The experienced rider on an r1 will smoke the experienced rider on a busa..its physics. Very simply put!!!!

So this is the thread that got you to make your 1st post huh? :laugh: Glad to see you took the leap.

As far as the liter bike vs the Busa. Get used to those conversations around here:whistle: But I don't want to get off topic.

Oh....and :welcome:

Back