Advice on my lowered BUSA

BRUDEH

Registered
I had the dog bones put on with it set in the middle and lowered the front forks as far as they will go with the stock triple tree clamp. It looks good & was done by the dealer when purchased. I took the bike in today for the first maintenance check and this guy (Dealer Employee) tells me to be careful in the turns because the way it sits the front will try to push out from under me in a hard turn, that I should buy an after market clamp to lower the front more. The bike sits pretty level and if I lower the front more I am afraid of scraping. Does anyone have any suggestions about what was said. Not that I disagree with what was said just looking at all options.

blush.gif

whatever I have mine lowered quite a bit and it hasn't pushed out in a hard turn. How hard are you gonna ride it?

I bet it was Paul at Ultimate, wasn't it. Awesome guy, BUT you will be fine. Even if you get the aftermarket clamp you can still have it at or near stock height. SO its up to you. Dealers/employees don't realize how much power they have in theoir words...... or do they?
cool.gif

I dont play very hard and havent had problems with it the way it is. I had already planned on getting the aftermarket clamp (Chrome w/Kanji symbol). But I had not planned on lowering the front any more. I appreciate the guy looking out and all but this stuff could have been said when I ask for the work to be done. So more than likely just leave it. I havent figured out who's worse Ultimate or Burcham's.

Try dropping the front 7/8" with your new triple clamp.  My mechanic tells me that this amount will allow you to come down hard on the front wheel and still not break any plastic.  I did that for my '01.  Here is a photo of my stock '99 and my lowered '01 side by side so you can see the difference. I have hit bumps hard with it at down 7/8" and no problems so far. I have seen many bikes with much lower front ends and they really look great. But you need to be more careful about bumps.

2busas.jpg

You just have to do the kickstand mod so it swings forward a little further, and yer good to go!!!!
That is if ya wanna save on a $170 adjustable kickstand!!
Mines modded, then chromed... looks good!!

i did the kickstand mod cutting the notch and feels much better leaving the busa parked and coming back and she is still standing up ...
laugh.gif

In addition to all of the kickstand mod suggestions YOU MUST ALWAYS leave you bike in gear. Depending on what incline you are at. Leave the bie in gear and roll it towads the angle its in. THis is another method to use so the bike does not roll on you. WHich is sometimes the reason the kickstand fails without the notch mod.

I'd say the kickstand notch is one of the better mods i've done to my busa. The piece of mind is worth it alone.

Back