QUESTION ON LOWERING BUSA!!!!!!!!

nolo263

Registered
i lowered My busa today 2nd hole on dogbones and i leveled the forks with the top of the aftermarket triple top cover its the one thats polished and skeletonized. like i said i leveled them with the top of the clamp... my question is how much did i lower the front aproximately and how much can i safely lower it
rock.gif
because it kinda looks like the front is higher than the rear now. someone please help me out !!!!!!!!!!!
__

I suggest just strapping it,, that way you can lower the front when you want to race it, then go whereever afterwards without bottoming out and still have a good ride

I think he wants it lowered all the time, as do I want mine lowered all the time.

You lowered the front about 1/2". You can safely lower the front about 1" to 1.5" with no issues. 2" if you remove the horn...not certain if anything else will bottom.

I have straps on my front...but only use them if Im called out then when it's over I whip them with the straps...cause I just burn't there azzzz's
laugh.gif

I lowered mine 1 inch rear with dog bones and 1inch in the front using reaper risers..seems to be just right..

I actually talked to Ryan Schnitz (Schnitz Racing and NHRA Pro_Stock Motorcycle racer) and he said that 1.5" in the front is all you should go for safety reasons. Her said there he been some problems with going lower than that in the front because the steering dampner doesn't work as well and it causes you to go into the "death wobble." I lowered mine 3" in the rear and 1.5" in the front and it looks level. I have even asked people if it looks right and they can't tell that i lowered the back more than the front.

Also if you use the straps, don't cinch them down cause you lose suspension travel. Just use it to not let the forks extend any farther than when sitting at rest with you on the bike.

Mine is strapped in the front end with a schnitz strap and I keep it this way all the time unless I store it for a while> It works just fine the only thing is you have to check your strap from time to time becouse they will come loose!!!!! The way it handles lowered is another story and has been covered here many times I like mine lowered it gives the bike a feel that unless you know it it is hard to explaine and it just looks flat out cool!~!!!~!~!~~

Back