Lowering Busa

Harder then using the search function. You may want to pay someone to do it for you.....:laugh:

Short version is loosen the fork bolts and let the tubes slide up.

Ummm....support the front end, change out the triple tree upper, then slowly raise the forks up measuring each side as you go. Retorque the pinch bolts to 16.5 ft/lbs and you're all done...... :super:

Anything else you need just ask... :oldcool:

its not "hard" just take your time and measure it then measure it again and when you think you have it right,measure one more time. if you pay someone,they will most likely just eyeball it and its really not something that needs to be paid for.

you'll feel much better you did it yourself

are you lowering the rear also? I suggest you do if you havent already

Easy, ride you Busa to my house. 1/2hr later, your lowered. Long ride though.

Get a Pitull stand that lifts the bike up under the triple trees. It makes lowering your bike easy. It also makes going to stock height easy too. Do one fork tube at time. There's one allen bolt at the top and 2 12mm head bolts at the bottom of each tube. The only thing you need to do is remove the undertray that is above the front fender. If you turn the forks one way or another you can get to the bolts you need to.

I like to loosen the bolts on bottom first, then work with the top allen bolt so you can control how much you lower. The one thing you want to avoid is loosening all the bolts and have the front slam down 4-5inches onto your fender. For some reason this happens ALOT among the general public. I've had to help a few guys get their Busa's right after the first "mechanic" that was helping them bailed when the front slammed down.

Here's your steps.
1. Remove the undertray above the front fender.
2. Pick a forktube and start with that, 1 tube at a time.
3. Loosen the 2 lower pinch bolts plenty loose.
4. Have some kinda measuring tool handy.
5. Loosen the upper allen pinch bolt.
6. Grab the tube and slowly rotate it back and forth while slightly pushing up. (Sometimes it's a pain, sometimes it goes easily)
7. Set to desired height.
8. Tighten just the top allen bolt for now. Now do the other tube.
9. Do the same as the first tube.
10. Check your ride height and clearances. (That superlow stance looks awesome, but it aint always practical)
11. Tighten all the pinch bolts. 2 top allens, 4 bottom bolts.

(Watch tightening the lower pinch bolts, they will break if over tightened) When tightening the two pinchbolts, do alittle at a time. You don't have to Conan them down. Alittle over snug is all you need. If you can get a torquewrench in there then that's you best bet.

Last edited:
get a set of bar risers... takes all the guess work out..

install riser, loosen pinch bolts and let forks bottom back out in top tree, tighten pinch bolts and you are done..

I forgot to mention, you can also lower our bike with bar risers. This is the more comfortable option.

Back