ads

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
Is it me or is the org loaded with ads and bs worse now? seems to be way more adds and they slow the site wayyyy down?

Faster for me too. I don't see any MORE ads, they are just in different places. But the pages def. load faster for me.

If you read Cap's thread on the new .oRg style, the reason for the ads are discussed. They are a necessary evil to keep this forum free to us all.

Though I really do wish the ads could go back to being in-line (in between individual posts) as they were before, because the new layout of them now robs us of precious real estate. Looks like the days of posting 1000-pixel wide photos in the Ride Reports sub-forum appear to be over... they are now automatically re-sized quite a bit smaller to accommodate placement of the ads.

I find that pretty unfortunate, but Cap says there is no going back, so... :dunno:

ohthehugemanatee.jpe

There does seem to be a few more ads this go around. I dont care how many there are and where they fall in line with the posts. Im not seeing any slow downs but the pages dont seem to load any faster either.

i tell ya what...i love the new format the new options etc...just seemed a lot more ad heavy...could just be the location of the ads though i guess. gotta pay the bills though for sure.

IMG_0060.JPG

love this can upload photos from pc now!!!

IMG_0060.JPG

Pics are auto-resized to 800 px wide; it was the same before the upgrade, too.

I don't mind the adds it's an unfortunate necessity.

However, I know mine is loading slower; I think it's because I'm on a corporate firewall/filter, and it's having to look at every add before it loads. Slowing it waay down but tonight I'll try it on my machine at home.

Guys just remember that we are still tweaking things... The ads are being blamed for a lot of things and in the end it could be AJAX or Java scripts that we haven't gotten around to yet... Give us some time to sort through it all...

I always kept my ad blocker on until this new style of ads. Just takes away from the persons post to be honest. I know ads give the site money but it just bothere me too much so i had to turn my ad blocker on.

Guys just remember that we are still tweaking things... The ads are being blamed for a lot of things and in the end it could be AJAX or Java scripts that we haven't gotten around to yet... Give us some time to sort through it all...

Cap you guys are awesome! I looked at my post to start this and after reading it to myself it comes across as brash for sure. I didnt mean to downplay your guys work at all. I appreciate this site and the friends i have made here and the ones i am going to make for sure! i honestly dont know what i would do without it! Thanks again!

Still super fast for me. I also like the gray color that's been kept. Mute colors work best for me.

Functionality also seems to be the same too.

And Russ has the answer if you don't like the ads. Get ad blocker program, done.

Back