Adolescent Squirrel rescue.

c10

Registered
Little guy was low crawling across the road like injured with a larger squirrel guarding.
Tianne, and I were off to Lowe's for some fence parts when I spotted him.
We quickly parked ,and using my ball cap to get the little one to the roads edge.
Big Squirrel ran into shrubs near by ,and watched us .
He was cute , and curious. We petted the wee one ,and after a bit I had to get him to the shrubs. Once we backed off the big one ( mom ) came over to him .

20200418_130949.jpg

20200418_131023.jpg

20200418_130903.jpg

20200418_130947.jpg

20200418_131026.jpg

20200418_131117.jpg

20200418_131427.jpg

20200418_130855.jpg

20200418_130858.jpg

20200418_131241.jpg

20200418_131413.jpg

When my boys were very young, they had a couple squirrels they could feed peanuts to by hand...as soon as they heard the door, they'd come a running looking for the boys...they wouldn't take peanuts from the wife or I, only from the boys..
Hi. We have a raccoon we named fearless. Now he comes to the door and scratches it. Now when I open the door he cones to the door sets up and takes the food from my hand. If I let him he would walk into the house, I do not know how I could get him out. He is wild we have watched him grow up. He has gotten so big he looks like a brown bear cub. We also have deer in the yard. Walking to my summer home at night I have seen coyotes. When I am cutting hay the coyotes run along side of the tractor. There is also fisher cats back in the woods, I have never seen one but hear them at night. c10 , yellow09 and SSGT_B I loved the squirrel stories.

Hi. We have a raccoon we named fearless. Now he comes to the door and scratches it. Now when I open the door he cones to the door sets up and takes the food from my hand. If I let him he would walk into the house, I do not know how I could get him out. He is wild we have watched him grow up. He has gotten so big he looks like a brown bear cub. We also have deer in the yard. Walking to my summer home at night I have seen coyotes. When I am cutting hay the coyotes run along side of the tractor. There is also fisher cats back in the woods, I have never seen one but hear them at night. c10 , yellow09 and SSGT_B I loved the squirrel stories.
Woah! these fisher cats are FAST! and relentless . .
I had to go research them coz I'd never heard of them before . . we don't even have squirrels in NZ.

Never messed around with raccoons. Raised some tundra wolves from 2-3 day old cubs when I lived in Alaska. We were hunting and stumbled on the den and a very pissed mom. Shot her then found the cubs. Raises them in wild and released back. 2 of the larger males used to walk into my house every now and again. Scared the crap outta my gf once. She woke up to a wolf looking at her. They’d hang around, leave dead thing at the door then leave. In Rochester we had a deer that would play tag with sarge, our 180lb Mastiff. Was cute.

Back