Elderly dogs rescued

c10

Registered
Amazing how smart they are . Returning from the vet with one of my own something made me take a slightly different route through the neighborhood . 1/8 mile from home two black / grey dogs walking with no owners . One had a special harness on , and as I drove past he collapsed into a fence along the side walk . So hit the gas to get Griffin to my house , and inside . Grabbed two leashes , and started heading that way on foot . Rounding the corner they were crossing the street , but old boy fell again . He saw me coming , and tried to get away from me .
Got him with no issues , but the other boy was quicker . He stayed ahead of me by 10 to 15 feet till a corner . I lost him was my first thought , but a woman pulled up in a chevy suburban . She pointed where he was to me . Kept walking with old boy half carrying him to the dirt road . There he was waiting on me , and coaxing me to the road . Up this dirt road is private land in the middle of our neighborhood . About 3 or 4 acres , and we see the owners on rare occasions in their car . They sold their property in the late 70's for our neighborhood to be built by the end of 1981 . Kept a plot right in the middle for themselves to retire on is our guess .
No mister dog who wouldn't let me catch him is now at my side letting me pet him . Off to the front door up the road . Pound on the door for a long time to nothing . The harnessed old boy collapsed at my feet . So started trying to read numbers of the rabies tags . Lots of tags for years lol . They were all on each dog .
Sugar land pet hospital answers the phone :) They called the elderly owners who now came to the door . The old woman must of been 95 to 100 , and didn't realize the gate got left open by her grand son on accident . She had let them out to go do doggy business , but the old hounds had gone exploring .
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them had the one not lead me to their home .
By the way it was pouring down rain , and i'm amazed the cell phone didn't get ruined . Blue was the oldest dogs name the vet office told me , and his harness said Explorer on it ;)

I'll say it was a good thing someone like you came along, others would have drove past without a second look.

Well Done you!!

She gave me the gate code to close the gate.

DSC_5108.JPG

DSC_5109.JPG

DSC_5110.JPG

DSC_5111.JPG

DSC_5112.JPG

Back