Adjustments/lowering

busacruz

Donating Member
Registered
after lowering the bike what type of adjustments front n rear (1" front 21/2-3 rear)would u need to make on suspension also planning to do an 4-6 in stretch on swingarm should i stiffen rear setting once i do this to help counter the tire being further back. anyone with experience on this will be greatly appreciated.

<!--EDIT|busacruz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150987096 -->

I'm no suspension expert but i just lowered my front end 3/4 of an inch this weekend. I clicked my front up 2 clicks on rebound and compression and have had no issues with the front end diving under hard breaking. The rear end, i wont even go there... i've not messed with it but i'm sure it's like you said, your going to have to tighen it up if your planning on lowering and stretching it. I've only lowered mine and have not had any problems with it hitting the undertail even riding 2 up!

thanks for the quick reply,hopefully someone will chime in on thje rear both with the lowered aspect and the stretched version,thanks again
biggrin.gif

I just did it a couple weeks ago. You will definetly have to tighten up the rear spring to compensate for the extra leverage. I am also working on a stop to limit travel so the tire won't hit the undertail when compressed all the way.

Some people just deal with a stiff ride by cranking down the spring all the way, but I didn't want to do that. Here's a pic, check out my signature for dimensions.

post-6-73411-after.jpg

thats exactly what im going for ,thanks ,by the way that is an awsome looking bike... i got through doing my 2.5" drop in the back and hopefully tomarrow i can get my spacers done for the front ,the swingarm will be extended later im still working on that one at work,again thanks for the info... ill keep you guys posted

Back