Add me to the list

Just remember to get on top of your unemployment, and that it's NOT welfare, it's insurance paid for by your former employer. Helped me out a bit when I learned that.

Keep an eye on your mental state as well, really easy to get depressed or otherwise not right in the head quickly. It messes with you getting laid off, in really weird ways.

Oh and unemployment insurance is there so you don't have to jump at just anything that comes along, that's exactly what it's for.

Chin-up, you're in good company... Yeah I consider myself good company. :laugh:

Last edited:
Your company should hire you back when things pick up. Keep in touch with your company and co-workers. Its not YOU. I'm sure they cringed when they made the tough choice. It's not forever. The bank doesn't want your house or car(s). They have enough. Keep ya head up and enjoy the time with the family.

I am in that same boat of joblessness. Just gotta keep on keeping on. It is a big kick to the ego, but I know it is the economy, not me personally. The Busa keeps my spirits up. Without the two wheel therapy on a regular basis it I would be all kinds of depressed! I know things will pick up. :beerchug::thumbsup:

keep your head up buddy. look into some local hospitals. it takes alot to make a hospital tick, it's like a small city. they have positions in all kinds of fields. especially in a 300 bed or more hospital. good luck

Good advice from SCAR> Use the time wisely. One door closes..if you keep your head up another door opens. Listen 15% of our country has laid off honest hard working people who did everything they could to make their company a better more profitable place. It isn't you. You are the unfortunate by product of the never ending greed of the Wall Street scammers. Get your moneuy coming in and take a good look at getting retrained through the government opportunities. Best of luck and Hang in There! Wardie

HARD Times, we're all feeling these, at least in my area. We went from a comfortable way of life to a get by mode when my wife lost her job. Like everyone said, It's not you, just the way things are right now. Hang On, We'll make it.

HARD Times, we're all feeling these, at least in my area. We went from a comfortable way of life to a get by mode when my wife lost her job. Like everyone said, It's not you, just the way things are right now. Hang On, We'll make it.

Yup, we're getting by, sold the BMW sold the Busa, trimmed WAY down on any fun money, and we're holding our own...

Not too bad, we're not hurting the way many families are so I don't ***** much. I'm really hoping that I've got something lining up though so I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the encouraging words, all. it really sucks. Especially with my wife's hours at work being cut back from 40 to 32. Money is gonna be AWFULLY tight at the casa de long until I find a new job. Hopefully something will turn up soon.

Think positive bro and good things will come to those who wait!

On another note, being jobless could sometimes be better than having a job:

elephant.jpg

Back