Daddy's got a job!

mynewride

Registered
whats up guys. after spending a month unemployed this year already and 7 last i finally have a job. leaving the electrical union for a job with coleman as a maintenance tech. they are gonna train me to do plc programming and i will move up from there. im excited even though its a $10 cut in pay and no benifits. so all in all im losing about $18 pr hr in wages and benifits. but i will gain steady work, the ability to move up with my skill level not the "construction buddy" system.

so i will make about 160 more per week than unemployment and have a guaranteed job. staying with the union would mean 1-1.5 years of unemployment that will run out in about 8 weeks. the job should be easier and less stressful. plus i will gain some training that could really make me worth more in the long run.:beerchug:

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

:please:
so happy to have a job

Last edited:
Congratulations on the job. Learn the skill of PLC programming well and you will go far. Every manufacturing plant in the world has some type of PLC processor controlling their equipment. Again, congrats.

congrats. i too made the same leap of faith that you have and i have never looked back. i work at a place that makes fully automated machinery and all of our machines of course have plc equipment and it is easy to learn and makes you worth more in the long run. good luck in your new endeavour! just dont shelf that ticket! you never know you may go back one day.

Good for you :thumbsup:

I am in the unemployed an training for for a different line of work, need to finish my studying an get my license should have nearly a double increase in my income an better benefits, god willing. :please:

good for ya! :beerchug:

if i may ask though how was staying with the union gonna leave you jobless for 1-1.5 years?

im not a union guys supporter or basher, just i know of some IBEW workers here that i was gonna go to work with if my job didnt pan out.

Back