Add me to the list

ibified

Registered
Yeah, I got laid off today. Lucky me. Sure hope that I can get a decent amount of unemployment, or im gonna lose my house.

Very sorry to hear it.

Besides the potential financial loss, getting laid off can be a huge blow to how you feel about yourself.

Just remember that it's the economy, NOT YOU!

Good Luck!

Very sorry to hear that to. I've only worked about half the year and had to draw about $7,000 worth on unemployment. It's a bad feeling when your not used to using that stuff. I had never used unemployment before. I have got to see my kids a lot as of late and that was a good thing. It is hard on the self esteem...keep your chin up!
In fact I just got to work the last 3 weeks...and now I'm off next week! I'm still smiling.

Very sorry to hear it.

Besides the potential financial loss, getting laid off can be a huge blow to how you feel about yourself.

Just remember that it's the economy, NOT YOU!

Good Luck!

Great advice!

Things will turn around....

sorry to hear that, hope you are able to land something else soon :beerchug:

Document attempts at finding a job in your recent career. The state may / may not call you on it...mine is two apps a week...and what is discouraging is one, it happened to you.. two there are so many good people looking for jobs.. so it is a buddy system / highly competitive market. Many companies have web pages with career builder / contact us section...post a resume there, send in a hard copy, and follow up with a call to the HR dept. It shows initiative and that you are actively seeking a position.

Good luck, Ryan

Damn Man,,,,,,,,,,, every time I hear of a friend loosing their job it makes me want to strangle a few of our beloved politicians.

Really sorry about your loss. I hope you find something soon!

Good luck, bro.

If you were interested in a career change, this might just be the time.

Use the time wisely.

Just remember to get on top of your unemployment, and that it's NOT welfare, it's insurance paid for by your former employer. Helped me out a bit when I learned that.

Keep an eye on your mental state as well, really easy to get depressed or otherwise not right in the head quickly. It messes with you getting laid off, in really weird ways.

Back