About fed up with this bike!

gregsbusa

Registered
I am turning to the forum for some help. I have an 08 that has 9k miles on it. My problem is that since I trailered the bike down to Miami and back about 9 months and 3000miles ago the bike has never felt the same. Another guy on here had the same problem, but ended up trading his in. I am almost to that point. The bike feels like the front tire wants to wander left and right. What I have done is pretty much everything. New tires, new head bearings, forks inspected and oil changed, wheel re-balanced and wheel bearings inspected. I changed the steering damper oil as well. What else is left. I forgot I already have had the suspension setup to. My guess was the forks are screwed up somehow, but the guy that serviced them told me they were fine. Any other ideas anyone?

I am turning to the forum for some help. I have an 08 that has 9k miles on it. My problem is that since I trailered the bike down to Miami and back about 9 months and 3000miles ago the bike has never felt the same. Another guy on here had the same problem, but ended up trading his in. I am almost to that point. The bike feels like the front tire wants to wander left and right. What I have done is pretty much everything. New tires, new head bearings, forks inspected and oil changed, wheel re-balanced and wheel bearings inspected. I changed the steering damper oil as well. What else is left. I forgot I already have had the suspension setup to. My guess was the forks are screwed up somehow, but the guy that serviced them told me they were fine. Any other ideas anyone?

have you done a "String Check" on your "Wheel Alignment"?

L8R, Bill. :cool:

also..i've noticed that with new tires of extreme profiles they WILL wander left/right until the first few hundred miles get a nice tracking flat goin..new michelins usta drive me nuts for the 1st couple hundred especially on superslab touring..demanded steady attention on the bars till broke in..busa wanted to do anything but go in a straight line with new pilot powers.

just a thought and l8r, Bill. :cool:

The busa is upset with you for trailering it. If you apologize and take it for a long make up ride, she may forgive you.

Did you crank the bars down with a canyon dancer and bend something?

Back