Need some help please

gregsbusa

Registered
I have an 08' with 7700 miles on it and I am having an handling issue. Have had the problem for about 1000 miles now and after one visit to the dealer and one to a local shop, they all seem to cant find anything wrong. The issue I have is that the front end while riding feels like it wants to wander all over the place. I have owned this bike since new, never wrecked, all normal service has been done. When I first took it to the dealer they told me tires, the front was cupped a little, so I had them throw some new road pilots on her. That was about 2 months ago and wasnt the fix. I had the suspension setup done, and wasnt the fix either. I changed out the damper oil with some 20wt fork oil, didnt help. I have noticed the steering has gotten lighter, I mentioned the head bearing torque to both shops and they told me it was good. I did have the front wheel off the other day and noticed the left fork when pushing up on it, it had no play in it, but when pushing up on the right fork, it would move up and down with about an inch of play. I have no fork seal leaks and no fluid loss visible, the adjustments are the same on both forks. Any advice on what to checked would be awesome. Thanks for any help offered.

There shouldn't be any play in the forks, they're under load from the springs. You shouldn't be able to move them up/down without a bit of effort.

Is it doing it in corners as well as a straight line ? Maybe check the steering head bearings (just a guess), if they are no good the steering can do funny things ! check it yourself, dont rely on the shop, they will tell you anything !

Check Steering head bearings, front wheel bearings and front forks... LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR WHEEL BEARINGS...

Back