AAAGGGG hate safety pins

Easy E

Registered
So I am doing my 600 mile service and I change the oil no problem next check chain tension clean chain and lube. As I am rotating the tire i see a freaking safety pin stuck in the tire.:banghead::banghead::banghead: WTF.I said to my self naw that little tiny safety pin cannot penetrate this tire. I pull it out and pssssssssss air coming out of the tire. Now I have to buy a new freaking tire at 572 miles. I should have bought the tire warranty at the dealer when I bought the bike new..Damm..Now should I replace both tire while Im at it. Thinking of Michelin PR3's..???

Sounds like a job for Fix-a-Flat. Well, actually, a motorcycle-specific product like Slime should be ok. I would not be at all concerned about a the structural integrity of a tire pierced by a safety pin. Slime is sold at Walmart as well as most MC dealers.

Sounds like a job for Fix-a-Flat. Well, actually, a motorcycle-specific product like Slime should be ok. I would not be at all concerned about a the structural integrity of a tire pierced by a safety pin. Slime is sold at Walmart as well as most MC dealers.

I think your right. At least I'll try it and see what happens. thanks fellas you saved me about 380.00 dollars. :thumbsup:
E

Patch it from inside, but when you change out PR3's are a great choice. I have the PR2's and a buddy of mine has the PR3's and they are both great tires.

For anyone riding on a patched tire I would strongly recommend to install a TPMS.

Heck, I would strongly recommend TPMS. Period. Good tire or patched.

I am always wondering what's the thinking about riding without TPMS. Unless a rider stops every few min to check on tires (no one would do that, right?), I think having a TPMS is a must.

So, let's say someone is riding pretty aggressively for 30 min or even 1 hour at a clip without stopping and even looking at the tires. It may easily take minutes for the tire to lose air once it's punctured - while the bike may be doing highway speeds, or even triple digits, or aggressively going through turns. A rider may be lucky if the rear got punctured. Having the front losing air is a lot worse.

So, I am just wondering what everyone's plan and thinking is about what's going to happen, and what are they planning to do if their tires get punctured, and they don't know about it.

Not trying to give anyone a hard time. Just want to see what others think about it.

I don't know. Considering how bad a luck you have to have to get pierced by a safety pin....

For anyone riding on a patched tire I would strongly recommend to install a TPMS.

Heck, I would strongly recommend TPMS. Period. Good tire or patched.

I am always wondering what's the thinking about riding without TPMS. Unless a rider stops every few min to check on tires (no one would do that, right?), I think having a TPMS is a must.

So, let's say someone is riding pretty aggressively for 30 min or even 1 hour at a clip without stopping and even looking at the tires. It may easily take minutes for the tire to lose air once it's punctured - while the bike may be doing highway speeds, or even triple digits, or aggressively going through turns. A rider may be lucky if the rear got punctured. Having the front losing air is a lot worse.

So, I am just wondering what everyone's plan and thinking is about what's going to happen, and what are they planning to do if their tires get punctured, and they don't know about it.

Not trying to give anyone a hard time. Just want to see what others think about it.

Everytime I've had a flat I've known about it, pull over, plug it, pump it and go.

Heading to the jersey shore this past sunday( about110miles)and i hear a pop in front,do i continue (20 miles to go )? Or do i turn and go home,well no patch kit,so i head home.I get to the first toll and ran out of quarters ,i go for the wallet and guess what ?No wallet turns out everything was ok with the tire(but that was a loud popand i had the ear plugs inw/music)Funny how some things happen for a reason but for the second time, the first time was at the end of last season,i should really get a patch kit,oh and keep tabs on my wallet.:laugh:

I don't know. Considering how bad a luck you have to have to get pierced by a safety pin....

After much debate I decided to go the safe route and purchase new tires. As a matter of fact I just came back from the dealer install. Went with Michelin Pilot Road 3"s:cheerleader: great tires..Took it easy on the way home cuz new tires and wet rainy rode is a receipe for disaster. Matter of fact I put it on sissy mode, :thumbsup: I mean C mode to get her home. Don't know if you ever tried it but the C mode really works! Its felt like i was on a 750 cc bike.

Back