200 concerns...

willgetbusa

Registered
hi guys, i cleaned and lubed my chain today. i noticed the rear 200 mm bt 020 is touching the chain slightly when it was being rotated. i haven't notice anything while riding the bus but are there any safty issues i should be aware of? the tires has 4k miles and it still has 80% thread life, otherwise i would've change it already. any thoughts or experience w/ tire rubbing chain. i took the bus in for a re-alignment already and the tire is still touching the chain very slightly. the wrench said, it would be okay to ride but i figured i check w/ all of you real world bus riders for a second opinion. thanks in advance!

I would go ahead and check the adjustment myself. It should be a close fit but shouldn't be rubbing your tire. Get in your owners manual and follow the directions for the adjustment....you'll find it's pretty simple.

Good luck!

Dan

Use a string or a ruler or a micrometer to make sure both sides are accurate.

Use a string or a ruler or a micrometer to make sure both sides are accurate.
i use a vernier caliper from home depot that cost $10 and it works better than anything else i have seen people use.

caliper.gif

thanks guys. it feels normal when i ride it so i think i'll just ride out the bt 020 or until i can get a really good deal on a 190mm replacement. maybe that 200mm tire is measured more than 200mm too. the bt 020 has 4k miles on the clock now so i think it'll give me another 8k miles before it's done.

Back