A view to a kill

dan1995

Donating Member
Registered
Went for a short ride today to test out my newly installed heli-bars ( they work great). I pulled up to a stop sign and a big dog style chopper pulled up along side 131 c.i. s&s motor 6 speed 300 rear tire, we got to talking and he asked if it was on 08, I said yeah , then he asked is it as fast as they say , i said yeah again, He said well let's find out then he took off.I passed him going into 2nd front tire about 4 inches off the ground hit 3rd and let off. Next stop sign all he said was yep they are as fast as they say he went left I went right just a little smile on my face ...Really made my day

Dan

beerchug.gif
I still don't understand why cruiser riders think that just because they're on two wheels they're as fast as everything else on two wheels.
dunno.gif

They do it for the same reason we would... want to see it get up and dance! yeehaw!

for the same reason I would try to race a ferrari in my car. Just to see what it can do.

I was down town today working,streets are empty because of a governors convention,nothing but staties,fbi,cia and philly cops...theres about 5 or 6 cruisers,harley and whatever going down market street,they sound like they are going fast (loud as hell) but werent going anywhere..I will never understand why someone would want their bike to be that loud.mine is (brocks alien head) but im moving when she's screaming otherwise its a nice puuurrrrr!!

One of the area Harley shops has a "100 HP Club". They spend as much money on their motor to get 100 HP as I did on my whole bike. The place also has a "130 HP" section, only has a couple of bikes in it. Probably wouldn't want to know how much it costs to get into that one.
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
I still don't understand why cruiser riders think that just because they're on two wheels they're as fast as everything else on two wheels.
dunno.gif
Not being offensive but in fact I think they are just ignorant...they just don't know and don't realize
they probably think the same about people on sport bikes.

to each his own. How boring would it be if all you could buy is one kind of bike.

only hayabusa's, only gold wings, only a sportster, only a dirt bike.
I feel dirty... have or do own all of the above bikes... and each is just a different world of riding..

its the freaks on quads that need help
rofl.gif

trikes!! oh wait a minute, I will own a Can Am Spyder some day.. hmmm I must be ignorant.

beerchug.gif
dunno.gif
Not being offensive but in fact I think they are just ignorant...they just don't know and don't realize
they probably think the same about people on sport bikes.

to each his own. How boring would it be if all you could buy is one kind of bike.

only hayabusa's, only gold wings, only a sportster, only a dirt bike.
What...

read it again...I'm not saying all people who buy cruiser are stupid...I'm saying they think they are as fast as sport bikes because they haven't riden sport bikes, have no first hand knowledge of real speed and power and think the 70hp 699lb cruiser is just as fast

I like cruisers...they just have a different purpose...hauling arse ain't one of em.

you can tell that sitting next to them at a traffic light?

What if Keith Code was sitting next to you on a Burgman?

I guess Pappy does not know anything about speed and handling.

Get behind him and you will find out what a Burgman can do with a 75year old man on it.

You might find it hard to keep up.

I like my Harley and I like the my Hayabusa. They just have a differant purpose. A time and place for each.

some people just don't want to ride the flag of another country.

I don't care, but if I am attending a function for WWII vets, the Hayabusa would stay in the garage.

My 2 cents nothing personal.

I used the term ignorant not as an offensive word but as factual.

I like ducatis but I do not understand the cost vs the performace...

Man, they are expensive and don't outperform a Gixxer half the price

But I never rode one so I am ignorant (as in lacking knowledge) in this area
and will probably not gain understanding until I get to ride on for myself.

BTW - I almost bought a fatboy...till I rode a sportbike
tounge.gif

Yeah, so perhaps I should clarify what I said...I didn't mean that to be offensive at all. There are some bad you know what cruisers out there but the reality is that they will rarely if ever beat a sport bike, especially a busa. They have their purpose and like justyntym said, racing isn't one of them. They're made for cruising, hence the name. Kinda like a limo or a minivan lining up against a viper.

Back