Who can you trust

bikemedic

Registered
so i have been looking into getting a set of pilot powers. i was just getting pricing from a local dealer and they gave me some s*%#. all i wanted was a price, nothing more. they asked me why i would want that tire. i told them that i had heard it was one of the best for my bike. he then said that tire was no good and looked at my like i was stupid. he said dunlops are way better tires. so i got my additude face on and said if that is so why is it that at least 70% of hayabusa.org loves the pilot powers. he finally broke down and just gave me a price. he then said that they can take half off, if i let them mount the tires. i told him that he would have to pay me for them to mount my tires. the last time my buddy was there he left with his chain so tight it could have killed him.

sorry to ramble on i am just letting out some frustration. i thank god i found a mechanic i can trust. cuz dealerships suck. when i went to proven performance they didn't bash my idea of pilot powers they just told me they would have to order them or get ones that they had. and they took the time to explain the benifits of the ones they had.

i hope everyone knows a mechanic they can trust.

I've got 3, one is ME  
down.gif
the worst of the lot, the other two are excellent and very trust worthy and fair
idea3.gif
!  So I guess I can say, "LUCKY ME"
slider1.gif

Some dealers/shops carry a particular brand and try to sell that one because they get a better price on it and they still will sell it for retail and make more profit.

It's best to find one that is more concerned for what you want to buy and not what they want to SELL you.

Once you find a good shop, treat them right and they will go the extra mile for you...get to know the sales people, mechanics....if they give you a great deal on parts or labor send them some more business. Hopefully all the work that they do on your bike is done on time and right the first time. After you pick up your bike and are happy with the work that they did, go back and say thanks, maybe drop off a 12 pack of soda or something  
wink.gif

Which dealership was it? I have had relatively good experiences with the one on west chester pike... Nothing to wow you though.

That dealer has a better profit margin or stocking agreement on Dunlops.

Not that it's a bad tire, it just makes them more money.

Shop around, maybe find a smaller shop that will actually LISTEN to you, and give them your business.

Or, learn how to mount them yourself, and buy them online
tounge.gif

I have always found the worst shops to be the ones that carry all the top brand bikes instead of just one particular brand. Has anyone else seen this? I now try and stick to strictly Suzuki shops or find a good shade tree mechanic.

Which dealership was it?  I have had relatively good experiences with the one on west chester pike... Nothing to wow you though.
it's the suzuki fun center in bensalem pa on rt 13
Is that Bromleys? If it is thats where I bought my bike... They didn't do a great prep job considering I overheated three times and had to burp the fuggin thing twice on the way home. I hate to say it but the Honda dealership on West Chester pike in Upper darby are good people... From what the tech tells me he used to ride a busa before he became more of a track junkie... All he recommends are michelins.

Back