A state of the site... An update

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Friends,
It has been awhile since I have put one of these updates out here and I wanted to let you know how things are going... The site is very healthy right now, we have seen a lot of new members, post counts are up and we keep seeing information being shared on the forum.

I wanted to take just a few minutes and really speak to you about the history of the site and what makes this place a little different than most. Over the years we have stuck to our vision, that vision being that the site should be free for anyone that needed information or had a question to ask. I never wanted any person to not be able to share thoughts or to be a part of this forum because they didn't have money. It is true that we do have to pay for running the place we didn't want money to get in the way, we still hold true to that belief. Even in the down times of the economy we are seeing memberships rise, new advertisers seeing value in the site and our existing sponsors sticking around.

What is it that makes us different? It took me a lot of years to understand it, many of you realized the impact the site has on people across the globe and how this one little website can bring people just a little closer together. For the most part I believe we are a civil community, sure we have disagreements but how we typically resolve them is what seperates us. We have a very mature user base and I am proud to say that I am a member here..

I have waited several weeks to post my thoughts about the recent passing of Wesley Wood. Many of our members really were put to the test on a weekend that was planned for relaxation. To be present on a group ride is something that most of us have done, to have a member to crash on a ride is much less frequent and can challenge a groups resolve. To be on a ride in which a member passed away on the scene was very emotional for the entire group and I honestly can't imagine having a better support system than close friends. As a group we leaned on each other, talked through it and honored Wes as best we knew how. I thank all of my friends for being there and tell you that we have been through a very rough time together and we are now closer. To my org friends that have supported us all from a distance I say thank you and hope that you never need consoling like this but if you do their is always someone available to talk.

It seems we have a lot of long hot summer days left so I am envisioning a lot of activity on the forum. This is the best time for sure to seek out others and meet with people from the forum. If you have ever wanted to reach out and meet someone else or find a friend that you can ride with now is the time. Make contact with someone and meet them for lunch, find a reason to ride across the state to meet up with another group halfway or just contact someone to introduce yourself.

I am putting a list of members that have joined from the month of June, there are 407 new members, that is a lot of new people. There is no pecking order on the site, you don't have to be here a year before you can welcome someone, you need to just jump right in. I would really like all of our members that have been around a few years to grab 5 random names from the list below and send a PM welcoming the members to the forum. Let's make sure that we don't lose that closeness that we all cherish...

Stand up folks and extend a welcome and lets show people what we are about...

Cap...

11busa
13004mee
2000BUSAUNRESTRICTED
2008BusaNY
2011falcon
80notch
850revo9
86Wilky
915txhayabusa
Acme035
ada75228
adami
adrianchavoya1
adrienp
AjiNugroho
Akasen
Alexpski
alish
alyssarealubit
AndyIMO
angelo
AnubisZero
arturrass
atlanticcross
aussie-racer
azoto
BadBusa07
baddsm
bandican
beehive3570
Benji16sv
Bewsa2
bigboot
bigdaddybusa1
bigdaddyt68
Bighorn
BigJon
bigred27
BigRodsbusa
BIG_FLINCH05
Bikerbitz06
bikerbrego
bikerjim
Billet Cycles
bizob
Blackmissle
blkbusa11
Blue08Busa
BluePearl
bluto69
boholbiker
Boosted3Bar
BossHoss
bowhunter84
br1tisher
broeresbusa
Brook
bu54col
budk
BullsEye
burdy
Busa-nh5
busa123
Busa87
busabass
busaboy50
busaboy68
Busaboylee1963
Busaking_Builder
Busa_Mike1
BusBat
B_BUff
carnivalkid
Carpzow
CbusBusa
ceolus
chargerxr
cherokee
chevyc0323
choirboy
chris1214
chrisbear
Christina
chuongkim
Clarke Racing
clinton.Harrington
Collins
CowBoyDave
Crpadem
CruzinBusa
csitileguy
cstlrck
cudworthallen@gmail.com
Custom GSX-R 750
CWL
CycleHead
CycleInsuranceDude
D Slaya
daddydes
DaGost
Danger#5305
Danilo De Stefani
davis907
dbrtech
deano4x4x4
Delkevic LTD
dennismitchem22
Dennis_Sinanan
denverbusa2006
DeonBusa
Derbybeemer
desertrcr
Devineknighter
Dingguo
discostu
Dja209
dkay
dlf_954
docvamp
dprk007
Dust
Dustinvan81
dvibbert
dvlishdan
eblues
eddy12
edwinrod70
Eggert
ELfigo44
elgrecos
elstepho
EP87
fakameanrepresent
Falcon Surfer
Fearlessfly
ff36buell
fgoza
finance
frankfrank
Freak2180
freddyb5
frogman
G1nger8readman114
GAFFAR
gbraen
Geoff
gerignac
Ghost_XIII
GixxerSIXX
gonebusa
Gotnitrous1
greekchef
Gregor6
gs1100et
gsears
Gtisaak
gzrgxr
hayabusasteve
Hayabusa_uk
haymaker
hazmatfireman
honda henry
hoozdman
hott boi
Hwood43
iamrclose
Idly Balding Elvis
idun69
igo.faster
ikiman
infamous908
iphonegator
J.Dunlop
j/one
jake47
JakeDraper
james119
Jamie83
janeskil1525
jangalang314
jbporte
jeffbigwood
jezter74
Jim Snow
jimmyjams
JimmyM
jjfox8788
johnsonkid
johnzee
jordoroz
Joshidiah
Jr0dS cUtZ
jrod_okc
juhis
juissed
JungleJim
Justjames
j_ray_33
k7busa90
kanjy
katlynowens734
kbs
KC1908
kcptinker04
kduggin
keafever
Keanhi
Keldiablo
Kev7117
Kevin85
khanhvu411
killkir
KING
king maniac
kingkracka
Kingnez
Kintama
Klayborn
koolruler
lallred
LastBusa
lefty84
lilchris9845
liljohnnuy1
lnghrn4lif
loizoskal
Lonesome Dove
Lou4866
luvjswiff
m16shooter
MadX78
mage
malcolm900rr
manbearpig0
mangoman32
mark briels
matches
matto4444
mavrik
MeanGreen94Z
meoffs
metafiend
MGZT
MiamiTash
micahbs
MIKETEC
mirokv
Mista
Mitaka80
mkrfalls
mljhn
mohammed imran
mojo75
monnnney2000
MotolocoEric
motorbikemick
MPRTKLR
Mr.Big O
mrcee
MrFluke
mrmason18
mustangrider
mxmillian10busa
MZ. J
NateLaw01
ncmoto
ndet4life
Need for Speed!
netmanc
ninomalo39
Nisch
nizzer450r
nkballr
NoFace
Nooch
nucivic
NYbusaBOY
oakbutik
ogundana
Olepi
omar-test
onsen
ozbusa1
Pasti66
Paul P
payNcash
pbergman
pcyr@nrheg.k12.mn.us
pgsaxa
phil823
phlaf
pj 001
plunkett
powerjunkie
Prakul
Prime320
prophead
Puffajibba
quack1159
quickchange
R1_Busa
RacerCoast
rafaelsantoni
Rainey
ralenti
rangani
reaperkillbot
Redlight Gal
rembusa86
rfrang75
richyb
Rickyh
ririgolf
roadrage
robert1
Rocketbike
Rook
roosterdc
roshan360
Rosy2009
rotoryj
rraiderr
ruffrydersbonez
running with scissors
s1958
s4mt3k
saboc1981
sammyboom
sb0700
schtack
scotiabusa
screenmails
Sd_Busa_Boy
seanleonard
SEATTLITERON
Sergeyzhuchkov
SeriousDan
shabba
SHARPEBUSA
Shawnee7
shortstuf 92
shruthibn
siberhusk00
sinder70
sinister1300
Skelta
slbusa
slowpokerrr
smitty 00bza
snickooh
Snowbird
snowman51
sonny d
SpeedfiendCustoms
spence0175
Spepper
spn383
spsortstergirl04
SSBSean
Stanislav
Starvin
Steve M
SteveBJJ
Stuntman
sweden
T-Busa
T-RexFreeman
Telboyo
Telomostro
thinthin54
Thomas3132
Tim Harden
tjkish
topdawg
Towboater68
TreyYoung
trifgeorge
TRMafia
TROB
tsmooth601
tunedbymonroig
Twizzy_25
tylerw
Vader
Virtual_Mentor
vis08
vreed@bww.com
Vstate60
wakimbrell
wander_n_soul
Wanky
WarWolf
wekoliohana
Wes'_gf
wever
Whiskey7231
williewill
winkzy
wlaughto
wmcnamar22
woodoosticka
woz booth
yeswill2k
zackz
zerorye
ZX14KLR
_01

Well spoken, and so true. Well 80 old timers should just about cover the new members.
:welcome: members

Cap, I'm active on a number of a number of forums, and ran a very large one myself years ago, and IMO you run a tight ship here given the size of this forum. I did not know Wes, as I am not that active here all the time, but it saddens me to find out about that. I've seen in the past how the folks on this forum come together in tough times like this, and I admire that.

This one's on me :beerchug:

I am still here (Thanks Cap)............You guys/gals are my extended family. Welcome to the Org :thumbsup:

One thing that absolutely amazes me about this site ia the comradery among (sometimes) complete strangers. My personal example is lil charlie down in sierra vista arizona. I was very concerned about the recent fires down therw and talked to him a few times about how things were going and genuinely cared about him and his families will being. When my dad died alot of people offered condolences to my family and made the grieving process a lil easier for me. Thank u cap for everything u do and to everyone on here for being some of the best people I will hopefully one day meet. We are the .ORG and we together are mighty.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Dam that's a lot of new people who didn't introduce themselves and post picks of their rides:evil:

:laugh:

Now that I think about I joined the FJR forums last week after you register you have to make a post in the new owners forum before you can post anywhere else and your account is auto deleted if you fail to post in the 1st 30 days of registration.... kinda like pushing the kids into the pool to get their feet wet right off the bat :laugh:

This site is one of the best thing that has happened to me, the help and advice I have had has helped me so much.
So thanks everybody and especially cap for running this amazing site.
I joined the site in April 2010, didn't get my Busa until Jan 2011 so I still feel like a newbie. :laugh:.

:welcome: :newbie:

I recognized some of those names, just welcomed Geoff aboard this AM . If any of you live in or near SC let me know. I try to ride once in awhile :whistle:

i know ive been busy with work and kinda falling off my usuall hi's and welcomes...but i have enrichened my life exponentaly due to my membership here

i'm new to the forum and i have felt more welcome on this forum than any other i've ever been a part of. there are some great people on here i'm thankful to become part of this family!

This site is, and has been, a great, civil place to see what's going on in the "Hayabusa" community.

I am so glad i found this site, made friends with people who passionate about what i am passionate about. I think this site is more on my desktop than my work is during the day. People on this site are the best by far. To all that help this to make this site what it is i salute you:thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

Captain:

thanks for all u do for this site. I joined in september of 09 and finally bought my busa in 2011. It's been a pleasure being on this site.. Keep up the good work.
E

Back