End of 2010 Welcome 2011 state of the site

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
2011 can you believe it? I remember when I was in 5th grade about this same time of year and we had to do a report on what we thought it would be like in 2010 and 2020 and so on. At this point in time according to my elementary school vision we should be moving around in flying cars like the jetsons.

My childhood visions may be way off but the vision we had for Hayabusa.org is right on track…

In years past on the site we have seen the best in our members and what we can do collectively for others, 2010 was no different. This site is made up of some great people and we have seen that our membership now has many posting from many countries. One thing that I noticed recently was that we expanded and now have involvement from more great people from all over the world. For years there were people from other countries that would lurk around but I am glad to see that we have valuable members involved bringing great discussions from afar.

I continue to be amazed at the patience and ability of our members to rise above the name calling and personal attacks you see so frequently on the Internet these days. While there is no way that you can get hundreds or thousands of people to agree on everything (for the record I’m pretty sure that most of us wouldn’t want that anyway) our members are able to have discussions and know when to simply agree to disagree and move on. I do like being able to have discussions with others to see what makes them tick and to educate myself at the same time… thank you to our members for keeping it civil.

This year was fantastic for me personally… I was able to get around and travel a lot this year and see old friends and I met many more. The Spring Bash, Eureka Springs, The Man trip and 7 track days catching up and laughing for hours on end. Thank you to so many that have welcomed me and allowed me to participate with you all, it truly is a joy to see you and to be able to be a part of your lives. I know that we are a strong group but could be better if we could get all members to at least one event that is close to them. There is nothing like looking eye to eye with someone that you have been discussing issues with for years and having the opportunity to shake a hand or offer a pat on the back. Those person to person meetings is one reason that I believe our members are close, when you meet someone in person you have a new type of bond, one that is much stronger than a keyboard.

I have one very simple vision for the site, this vision has not waivered one inch since inception. The plan from the very beginning was to “Build Relationships”. As the owner of the site I have but one major thing to do and that is to provide a place for you all to come and share information. This information is in the forum of posting messages, sharing pictures, and uploading videos. We have tried to use many different avenues for the members for convenience and interest. We have the forum for those that want to share stories and information, the gallery for pictures, the garage to track your progress and even the classifieds to buy and sell. The site is accessible via a computer or cell phone and we do our best to make it easy for new folks to find us with the work we do with search engines. All of the previous items have one common goal, to build relationships.

So what is planned for 2011?

2010 was tough for many with the economy, many are working harder, working longer and making less. Many have been forced to sell their bikes but continue to participate with the site. Many people are just now able to peek out from the workload and check back in with us after long hours at work and home. We are expecting many old faces to show up at the events this year along with many new ones. We are expecting to see many old screen names checking in to see how everyone is doing. We are expecting great things from our members again this year.

We have been in discussions with many new advertisers that we should be bringing on in the months to come. We are working on new features on the site, we always want to bring new technologies and ideas to you all but do it without disrupting your experience on the site. Lots of great things planned for 2011.

As always if you have ideas or suggestions please let us know.

The site itself is in one of the toughest financial positions that we have ever been in. While we have more members and posting than we have ever had before our advertisers are down too. As with everyone else in this economy we are working to do more with less but making it none the less. I don’t want to get into what it takes to run the site too much other than to say the resources are out of this world, think of all the things the site offers and the uptime and performance members get. All of the pictures that are uploaded have to be stored somewhere, all of the PM’s, all of the emails to contact each other and all of the PM’s and notifications that we process. All of the data that flows in and out from the forum to the classifieds, the gallery to the garage, hundreds of thousands of moving data every day without a problem.

The technical stuff is pretty amazing but I have to tell you that my role is very limited. Without the leadership of the moderators and administrators here this place would not be able to operate. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes every single day. Discussions on how to deal with conflicting members, trouble tickets for help, members that need specific help. I just can’t tell you how much I depend every day on our leaders. Please take a minute and think about what it takes and let one of them know how much you appreciate what they do.

I wish you all peace and joy for 2011 and that you enjoy the site and the friendships made. Please try to find a way to get together with other members.

As I close this update out I will offer this last word. While we have a fantastic group that get’s along there have been many that have left the site over the years for various reasons. Many that have left we still see on rides and facebook and hear they are still around from other members. Several have left because they felt they were wronged by me or another person. My hope for 2011 can be summed up with the word healing, I want old friendships restored, and I want hurt feelings repaired and misunderstandings cleared up. I have grown up a lot since I was in school and I continue to learn and mature. The older I get the more I lean on friendships and living right, making sure I can live well. I challenge you to search out those that you may have crossed in the past and work it out, that’s my plan….
Your friend……

Captain

Last edited:
as a new member and a member of many motorcycle forums most all harley, i can say i've had the warmest welcome and like stated above the resources are amazing to say the least. i look forward to the next year learning about these bikes and contributing. thank you

Very good words, Cap! Only a couple minutes from the stroke of midnight so Happy New Year everyone from Iraq! May everyone be blessed! :thumbsup:

I would like to say thanks to Cap and all the moderators that keep Hayabusa.org going. Have a safe and happy NewYear to all. :beerchug:

I second that!!! well said cap!!! Happy new years to all!!

Thanks for the update Doug and I hope you have a great New Year! Doyle

I have met a couple of members but u plan on meeting a few more this year. I would like to make it to a Hallett track day to meet some of you guys(the bike is set up for the dragstrip at the moment), plan on making it to the Texas mile and running in it this march. This place is like a home for me on the net. I've received so much information and hope that I can only give as much as I have received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy new year cap and to all that keep this site the way it is and to all that partiscipate in it. Good luck for all in 2011.

I would like to say thanks to Cap and all the moderators that keep Hayabusa.org going. Have a safe and GREAT New Year and thanks to all the helpful people on this site! Safety in numbers....Biker's for LIFE!

Thank you Cap, Mrs. Cap and all the moderators/admins for keeping the boat on coarse..... it is no easy job!
And for all the great members....thanks and have a safe and happy 2011!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

One more thing Cap.... the avatar...... one word..... taxidermy. I know it is in your freezer.. :rofl:

Last edited:
One more thing Cap.... the avatar...... one word..... taxidermy. I know it is in your freezer.. :rofl:

A guy takes two gophers into the taxidermist to be stuffed. The taxidermist says ,do you want them mounted? The guy says no just holding hands will be fine.:rofl:

A guy takes two gophers into the taxidermist to be stuffed. The taxidermist says ,do you want them mounted? The guy says no just holding hands will be fine.:rofl:

Hahahahahahaha.......looks like I found my next facebook status...lol

happy new year doug and again thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes....this year will again be great!!

Back