A special gift from Red1100cc

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Russ I got an unexpected package from you today ???
Open it up to see something super cool and instantly treasured by me.
A Gremlin Bell. I had not heard of them and only seen them once or twice on a bike. One was on your bike and you told me their tale. I am really humbled by your thought and gift.
You even had it engraved as well. The hand writtten note 'friend to friend' does make it feel that much more special and 'supernaturally protective' :)
I put it on a few places but in the end wound up with it here. I removed the fairing bolt and placed larger key ring over bolt hole and then replaced the fairing bolt.
It hangs free and rings to let them Gremlins fall off but I think its tucked up enough so I wont worry when riding about it coming off.
Many thanks again Red1100cc aKa Russ. :beerchug: A libation for us :beerchug:

GREMLIN BELL FROM RUSS 12.10.10 001.jpg

GREMLIN BELL FROM RUSS 12.10.10 002.jpg

GREMLIN BELL FROM RUSS 12.10.10 003.jpg

GREMLIN BELL FROM RUSS 12.10.10 005.jpg

GREMLIN BELL FROM RUSS 12.10.10 011.jpg

GREMLIN BELL FROM RUSS 12.10.10 015.jpg

:cheerleader: my wife was asking me today if you had gotten it yet. she said she had forgotten about it in her purse for a while:whistle: glad you finally got it. :thumbsup: many happy miles my friend & merry christmas :rudolph:
:beerchug:

:thumbsup:
When my brother bought his 900RR few years back i gave him one, after i bought the bike had it in the garage and everytime i moved it kept hearing this tinging sound, he had dropped the bike so figured it was more broken stuff i needed to find. Calls me up about 3 weeks later and goes hey is my bell still under that bike???
Truley felt like and idiot

My best friend, who rides a Harley, swears by his Gremlin bell. I'd never seen or heard of one of those until then and now.

I gotta get me one!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:beerchug:i did take it out and party with the bell before i sent it to you.
just found a couple pics.....
i take that back :poke: we got drunk with the bell!:rofl::drinka::banana:

pics nov 2010 794.jpg

pics nov 2010 790.jpg

pics nov 2010 791.jpg

pics nov 2010 793.jpg

pics nov 2010 800.jpg

pics nov 2010 798.jpg

pics nov 2010 801.jpg

:thumbsup:
When my brother bought his 900RR few years back i gave him one, after i bought the bike had it in the garage and everytime i moved it kept hearing this tinging sound, he had dropped the bike so figured it was more broken stuff i needed to find. Calls me up about 3 weeks later and goes hey is my bell still under that bike???
Truley felt like and idiot

they do make a little jingle :laugh: i hear it on the highway sometimes, on occation it takes a sec to figure out what im hearing:beerchug: don't feel bad :laugh:

Nice! I have one on my Nomad and have given several to friends. "Works" better if given as a gift! I like the location on the Busa.

Party bell will help protect you!!!

Nice! I have one on my Nomad and have given several to friends. "Works" better if given as a gift! I like the location on the Busa.

Party bell will help protect you!!!

Yes I clipped it on about ten different places and all of them seemed like it would maybe break or rip off at speed but this one is tucked up in there and should be out of the way of any drag .

My best friend, who rides a Harley, swears by his Gremlin bell. I'd never seen or heard of one of those until then and now.

I gotta get me one!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As the legend goes...you have to have it given to you. :rulez:

RSD.

Yes for it to work it has to be a gift from someone, 2 years ago down in eureka springs my wife followed me through the pig trail, at the general store on the other side I bought her one, been watching over her ever since:thumbsup:

Mine says "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly." You're supposed to put it at the lowest point on the bike...but where I have mine (see below), it has taken a toll...it's got a lot of character now. :laugh:

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

I have one on all my bikes. My wife knows the drill as I had her read the fable at cycle gear. :laugh: I have mines where the stock mid-pipe bolted on the frame. Looks good and out of the way.

If I remember correctly Harley dealerships give it to all buyers of a bike.

I know my dad has got one with every Harley he has bought, and a buddy of mine the same with both his Harleys.

Love the legend behind it though! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back