A Request For Help Concerning The Mini Ban..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure most of you have heard of the Mini Bike Ban imposed by Congress on any motorcycle designed to be riden by children under 12 years of age. Some silly s*** about lead based paint.
Here is a link to a Missouri State Representative containing a prepared letter to Congress requesting a repeal of the mini ban.. Representative Tom Self | Official Website
Anyone from any state can send it, just scroll to the bottom, fill in your name and address, and submit.
Even if you have no youngsters who you would rather see on a PW50 than a Playstation, or never plan on riding in the dirt, we who do could sure use a little help here.
Thanks.. Tom

PS.. By the way, I've been reading on some of the dirt forums of people being told they can no longer get some small parts (screws, bolts, clips, etc..) from the factories for their full size dirt bikes now because the part # cross references to a mini part.???

Lead is really dangerous if you eat it.
So if you have a youngster that eats a mini bike, he will get sick from the lead in the paint.
(not from the steel, rubber, gasoline, oil, glass, copper, etc, but just from the lead).

Lead is really dangerous if you eat it.
So if you have a youngster that eats a mini bike, he will get sick from the lead in the paint.
(not from the steel, rubber, gasoline, oil, glass, copper, etc, but just from the lead).
:rofl: need a tee shirt "Dont eat the bike kid, adults only"

letter sent..

Way ahead of ya, already sent letters to my Reps and the Consumer Protection idiots.

does it look like hes eating the paint good grief....

Attachments

• brycepocketbike4.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 167
  • brycepocketbike.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 168
A big THANK YOU!! to everyone who submitted a letter to Congress (and a shameless bump in case someone else might see it and hit the "submit" button) and did their part to stop the mini ban.
If you've ever seen a 6-7 year old on the kiddie course at the local MX track, or on the beginner trails at the woods use area, heard the "watch me!, watch me!" and carried the exhausted, sleeping remains into the house after the trip, you know why this is important.

Thanks again everyone:thumbsup:.. Tom

Just remember we voted these A holes into office. They are worrying about Mini bikes and have a 4.6 trillion spend package. Give me a break!!

It is a big problem the government is putting their nose in. Kids riding their motorcycles all day and then taking them apart and eating them!!!!!
Yes I am sure glad our tax money is on this case, kids gone wild eating motorcycles..
And people wonder why this country is in trouble...
Common sense has gone the way of the dinosaur...:banghead:

Back