help the HouseMouse cook a turkey

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks,we are staying at the west coast mini mansion(its on the market for 1.8 million). Nice place but we cant figure out the convection oven.

Anyone know how to cook in a convection?

Thanks folks...I'll set you up with pics of the place later.

Rubb.

Sure... Piece of cake.. Use a meat thermometer and monitor it closely for your type of meat. A whole turkey can be roasted via convection oven in approximately 1.5 hours or a bit more if you like it a little more dry.
You could also roast a turkey in a weber grill using the indirect method following the instructions out of the manual. It'll come out quickly and juicy.

Convection ovens really accelerate cooking and you could end up with a burned bird if you don't keep an eye out. The high speed cooking minimizes moisture loses and keeps it juicy so basting is really not required. I like to use a layer of bacon (American Streaky 'Oscar Meyer') fastened all over the bird's breast area with toothpicks. This technique adds flavor and prevents the skin on the breast from toughening during roasting.

thanks project. this oven has so many settings. Like aero,true aero,aero bake,roast,broil,maxi broil,aero broil...etc etc. We are lost. hahahaha.

RSD.

Cook it
rock.gif
just use a little salt and pepper and eat it raw
tounge.gif

Wow those are some interesting terms for a convection oven.
Over here we just have symbols.
Small fan, Big Fan, Fan with line on top, Fan with lines Top&Bottom, Line on Top, Line on Bottom, Two Lines, and some kind of Kettle setting (I think this means keep warm never used it).
You ought to just go with Aero Bake. This is probably a low speed convection cooking setting.
If you want it fast go with true aero.
Now if you want to do a couple of T-Bones or Porterhouse steaks use Aero Broil.

Now that sounds like a plan...
RSD debone that bird and just deepfry the whole thing in good oil.. Try Sunflower. Then sprinkle some Cajun seasoning on it and enjoy.

I've never used a convection oven. Always smoke the turkey on a Weber. The most beyoootiful turkeys you ever sank your teeth into!

--Wag--

+1 on the deep fry...oh, and let me know what time we are eating, i'll bring the drinks
all_coholic.gif

more importantly.....who let your sorry azz back in here?
rock.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Back