A little bit of N. Texas for Y'all

Last year or the year before, downtown Gainesville was shut down after some workers in the sewers discovered some unexploded hand grenades that had washed down from Camp Howze. Water towers and Chimneys are still standing all around...

DSCN0196.jpg

Back in Denison at the Lake Texoma Damm and spillway. The Lake overflowed 4ft over the spillway. It was really cool to see that much water...

DSCN0218.jpg

The Red River in Gainesville before the lake..... This time last year we got so much rain that the water was about 6-10ft from reaching the top of the bridge.....SCARY!!!

DSCN0203.jpg

Thanks for lookin'. Ya'll come back now, ya hear............
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
I love Texas and I ain't never even been there. Someday I will though. Those were some good shots.
beerchug.gif

I just wanted to share a few pics of my ride this past weekend. Not much to see around here where I live but I figured what the heck, most of you don't know the area, so I thought I'd show you a few things.  

And to everyone else who lives in small towns or places they don't think are interesting, please get out and take some pics of your area while your riding and post em up, I really like to see where everyone rides, not just pics of special places and special rides.......

Ride on everyone!!!

Pic #1 is the courthouse in Decatur,Tx   I thought there would be more to take pics of in Decatur, but there isn't.
When I saw this pic in the other thread I knew it was Wise County Courthouse......How you say......I got divorced there...
laugh.gif

Thanks for the pics, funny I have been house hunting in and around the Greensville/Silver Springs areas. Right now I live in South East Texas. Been here now 32 years. Another " I wasn't born here but got here as soon as I could" group.
cool.gif

That was amazing, i've never thought about going to texas before, but I am now. Great pics.

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back