A good used turbo engine.........

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
as you already know by now, my motor went south on me. Needs about 3k in parts to build it strong. I was thinking of picking up a used busa motor if I can find one cheep enough. Then over time build my old motor. I have a 2002, will a 2000 work with 8,000 miles? What do ya think? ???

a 2000 motor will work. but you will have to use the Stator off a 02 or newer for sure. and you will need the throttle bodies also, and the injectors i think. I know the stator for sure. I have done this swap before and thats the stuff i remember having to swap.

so you can use it, just have to change those couple things over from my old motor? Would i be better just getting a 2002 motor?

02 or newer motor would be optimal but if you can get buy with the 2000 all depends on what you can get one bought for. and what kinda swaping you wana do.

Yeah, I should look for a 02 then, be easy. I just want something cheap, that might get me a year or two of just riding around, while I save the money to build my motor.

Cody :laugh:

the 00 will work with a few minor swaps
if the money is right id go with an 00 motor
actually i did for a year while looking for another motor (i borrowed an 00 from my builder for a year)
swap the rotor is main requirement and TB's arent as required as either set has worked on my harness
but being you have a set youd be fine with your set on the 00 motor

so to make a 00 work in a 02 what all needs done? Rotor? Would the bike have to be re-tuned for the turbo set up I have?

Cody

Damn, about a million busa motor's forsale on the net, anywhere from 1000k to 5500!:poke:

good luck and have fun:beerchug: I got me a bastard child of a bike with an 03 motor on a 99 frame and a mixture of crap in the middle:laugh:

Damn, about a million busa motor's forsale on the net, anywhere from 1000k to 5500!:poke:

That or you could just say to hell with it and put the money you would spend on another motor into making your motor good and save all the mess and fuss you know

What about this, I found it online. She is asking $1,500 but I would offer less most likely. I am just looking for a motor to allow me to ride, till I can build the motor I really want for my baby. :beerchug:

This motor run's perfect and there is nothing wrong with it it's ready to be put in a bike or whatever you want to put it in. The motor is a 2006, 12,000 miles. Before the engine work was done. All the work was done on it at Cycle race tech's shop.
NEW PART'S-
-new cosmetic head gasket
- New yosh stage 1 cam's
- The last dyno was recorded at 165 horse power at the rear wheel.
This motor needs nothing but a bike and a rider.
GREAT BUY.....
There was 50 miles put on it since all the work got done on the motor.

Last edited:
Dosen't sound Bad really. are you just gona put it in your bike and ride or are you gona put your turbo kit on it and go? if thats the case since it has the yosh cams i would consider a dyno tune then.

i would turbo kit it, then get it tune, I might have found a much better deal, I will PM it to you.

Thanks.

Got the PM and will respond. Only thing i worry about with Mod motors and such is not sure how things where done. sometimes it's a great deal and other times its a raw deal. 1500 for a motor gets you half way done with yours. but i suppose being in AZ this is prime riding time so you wana get back into the saddle?

yes it will
they never changed anything except a few oil passages (youll have to feed the turbo from a different port)

same area but they moved the oil sending unit
there are a few different places to feed the turbo from
the newer cases just moved the oil sending unit to an angle instead of directly on the bottom of the case

I got cha, I don't think I could go wrong with a 2007 motor with 2700 miles, nothing else would need to be changed over, just plug and play?

Cody

Back