A good find... new gloves

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure about you guys but I am very very picky when it comes to what gloves I wear... They have to have just the right feel, not too thick, not too thin, seams covered so they dont rub... I have needed a pair of gloves since we were in Reno last year but I wasn't going to drop 150.00 on a pair of gloves.. I was at cycle gear this week and while I was there I started looking at gloves, the pair that I have now have holes in the gauntlet and the padding on top of the fingers have long blown away... I know that I was desperately in need of a new pair so I started looking again.. The pair I have now and love are field sheer and I couldnt find any of them, I knew that for the track I had to have gauntlet style gloves and they provide better protection anyway.. The first pair I picked up, 200.00 for alpine stars... UGGGGG I almost choked... The second pair were ICON and they were 185.00 not much better... I kept looking and the sales guys kept coming over to help me, I just told them I was cheap and I would keep looking... after about 45 minutes of trying on gloves I saw a pair crammed back in the back of a row and I pulled them out, Frank Thomas gloves and they were perfect, great feel, not as important but they matched colors with the bike and my gear... I grabbed the price tag and was pleasantly suprised to see they were 49.97.... they have all the padding, carbon fiber armor and vents I need..

I looked and if you can believe it or not there wasn't another pair like it anywhere on the rack, the only pair this color or this style.. What are the odds of that... anyway I grabbed them and bought em and thought I would share with you the gloves that will protect my hands for the next 2 years or so....

Guys meet Franky T........

gloves2.jpg

gloves1.jpg

tag.jpg

gloves2.jpg

gloves1.jpg

tag.jpg

Capt do you ride with any rings on under your gloves ?
Reason I ask is it diff for me to find gloves that dont buch in the web or finger and irritate the heck out of my rings and fingers .
I feel guilty for taking off wedding ring to ride as it really feels like cheating...:laugh: and tryin to explain that to the Dragon aint so easy.
Cycle gear is having a big sale here this weekend and I may take a look at some of the F Thomas gloves .

Nice Cap...I'm with Blanca, need to check out the sale here soon...I'm almost due for another pair of street gloves.

I have a set of Moto GP Nitrous gloves that I use at the drag strip or whenever I decide to attend a track day. But for the street I really like my A-star SMX-2 Air Carbon gloves. The pair I have now are just about worn through on the finger tips...gonna need a new pair soon.

:thumbsup:

I found a review on these gloves on the Internet and the retail was 100.00

Wooo hoooo

I kinda ruined my gloves riding thru the rain at the bash...so gonna have to do something else too...

When did the Big Hurt start selling motorcycle gloves?

:laugh:...sorry. Wish I had seen these. Just bought a new pair 2 days ago.

frank_thomas.jpg

I kinda ruined my gloves riding thru the rain at the bash...so gonna have to do something else too...

just put them back on and go for another ride, they will feel strange for a little while but the leather will soften up in no time and be as good as ever...my gloves have been through quite a few storms and are going to do it many more times before they get put out to pasture!

Back