a few questions...

Anyway... I had a 600cc YZF600 Thundercat as second bike and even then I thought that bike was way too much powerful for me. Lucky me that I too my license when I was 27 and I had the brains to take it easy for a while. A Gixxer 600 is NOT a good bike for a begginer... a Gixxer Busa is IMPROPER for begginer's use.
Ride safe, take it easy, one step at a time. You have PLENTY of time to drive bikes if you take that advice.

suprafly, sounds like a used 600 would be the way to go dont go new because

1. insurance will cost you big!
2. you WILL drop it everyone has
3. replacement fairings cost a lot
4. now even 600s have over 100 hp(think 100hp ina 400lb package)

really a 97-99 cbr,yzf,zx6 will set you back 3 0r 4 grand in good shape, their light easy to handle and offer a lot of power just take things slow at first take the msf course and ride with EXPIERIENCED riders. enjoy.

:eek: Well i would like to help,but i think the Busa is the sweetest looking bike around.With the performance to match its beauty,so its safe to say we dont see things the same way,if there was one as nice or nicer i'd own it. ;)

do you guys ride with kids on your bikes? the reason i'm asking is because a friend of mine used to do it with his kid, so i'm wondering if you guys do it as well, casue it doesn't seem safe to me (since they don't make kid armour).

suprafly out .............................................???

I have ridden hundreds of miles with my girlfreind's kids on the back.
And they do make kids size protective gear
There is a great feeling seeing there faces when you drop them of in front of the school with all there freinds around and they get to feel that they are way to cool.

i have a few q's pertaining to the 'busa as well as to bike in general. ok, here goes:

1) why doesn't the 'busa look as good as the other gsx-r bikes (only realized that it was a gixxer when i came to the site)? all of the others from the 600 up to the 1000 (as well as the tl1000r though that isn't a gixxer, or is it?) look nice, but the 'busa seems to look "front-heavy" so to speak.

Well each to their own. Most people who buy a Busa think of it as very unique. Most people who see it think the same.

2) i'm planning to go get my license next month, and i wanted to hear from you guys what would be a good beginner bike? i was checking out the gsx-r600 and also the yzf-r1. i like the r1 because its mufflers are like those of the ducati, but it's a thousand cc bike, and i don't think i want one of those as my first.

---------------
600 suzuki kawasaki and Honda all good and more then enough to start with
--------------------------
3) can a bike with a single exhaust have the exhaust removed and replaced with a dual exhaust without increasing the cc's/bhp? for example, can the 600 have its muffler removed and replaced with two under-the-seat mufflers like how the "big-bikes" have them?
---------------------
Yes all you have to do is make a cross over X at the header. You will not loose much Hp but you will gain the weight.
--------------------------------------------------
4) are any of you on here around 5' 4", and if so, are your feet flat on the ground when you stop or do you have to tippy-toe?

---------------------
I know a couple of people at tha theight and a couple of women 5' 1' you may need to lower it a bit.

------------------------

that's all for now till i think of more.

do you guys ride with kids on your bikes? the reason i'm asking is because a friend of mine used to do it with his kid, so i'm wondering if you guys do it as well, casue it doesn't seem safe to me (since they don't make kid armour).

suprafly out .............................................???
I was Mr. Mom for 6 years (read, single dad w/3 kids)  They all love riding.  And like TIMMYDUCK says, they get cool points when you drop off/pick them up in fornt of their friends!
It's all about the cool points! :super:

i say u just get a turbo busa uh . . . . nevermind. as for the r1 dont get it, especially for a beginner. im only 16 but ive been ridin illegally for 2 years. you should get a cbr 600 and i had a vfr for a short time and those sound and ride nice. anyways welcome to the board

TommyB :D

Back