A few Cuba pix ..

banditoo

Registered
A few pictures you guys may like, the first few are of the Hotel we stayed at, the Internacional in Varadero, it was the closest hotel to the beach and the view of course was sweet ...

This was what was called a "Jungle Tour" we cruised around through canals on a JetSki, (with a Yamacrap engine :p), and we had the chance to see some of the local wildlife. The iguana was cool, also the alligator was surprisingly heavy, just goes to show that he was mostly muscle !!

Oh and BTW, I know my shorts are pink, they used to be red until I swam in the ocean a few times and the colour ran out .. really I don't usually wear pink shorts ... :?

A couple pictures of our day trip in Havana, we didn't see Fidel anywhere but we stood in the square where all the rally's are, the day after we left this place, there was an anti-American rally in this square with over a million people in attendance !! The old cars were cool to see, particularly the old Ford police car and the cop on the Virago.

One of the days there we went on a "Jeep Safari", although we didn't have a Jeep it was a Sidekick, but that was actually better, I got to drive a Zuki - ha ha. In picture #3, Kiwa is enjoying a piece of fresh sugar cane at a ranch that we stopped at for lunch. We went 4 to a vehicle, we were with a couple from Nottingham.

All in all, quite a nice trip and I would recommend it to anyone. Quite a bit more enjoyable then "Westernized" Mexico. The snorkeling and the underground caves were fantastic, (sorry no pictures of those things). The people were extremely friendly and helpful, (the locals too). One of the nicest things about being in Cuba ... not a McDonald's, Starbucks or Walmart as far as the eye can see !!! :-)

Nice pics and I did go to Cuba (Caya Coco) in '97.
I am Canadian too you know but I don't do the He thing after each sentence since I am French Canadian!!!
biggrin.gif

no doubt did you sneak out any cigars?
rock.gif
?? back in HIGH school they called me joe blunt because i rolled better than those people in havana
laugh.gif

rock.gif
?? back in HIGH school they called me joe blunt because i rolled better than those people in havana
laugh.gif
Yes sir, I brought back a whole box of Monte Cristo's and I didn't have to sneak them in, they are perfectly legal to bring back to Canada. We had the chance to tour a cigar factory in Havana but it happened to be closed that day, apparently it's really interesting to see.

I should send you a couple to see if they are rolled better then yours ;-)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Cool pics but I have one question....

What kind of jet ski where you riding
wink.gif
yeah that's a weird ass looking thing isn't it ? If you look at the picture you can see the fibreglass hull was molded from the factory with the outboard motor mount on it .. I've never seen such a beast before, it's more a small boat shaped like a JetSki - ha ha.

rock.gif
laugh.gif
Yes sir, I brought back a whole box of Monte Cristo's and I didn't have to sneak them in, they are perfectly legal to bring back to Canada. We had the chance to tour a cigar factory in Havana but it happened to be closed that day, apparently it's really interesting to see.

I should send you a couple to see if they are rolled better then yours ;-)
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
SWEET

laugh.gif

cool pics baditoo, I've heard that the scuba diving in Cuba is great. Damn shame that as an American we have to lie cheat and steal to get there..................LOL. Checked into it once and it's just to much hassle.

All in all, quite a nice trip and I would recommend it to anyone.  Quite a bit more enjoyable then "Westernized" Mexico. The snorkeling and the underground caves were fantastic, (sorry no pictures of those things). The people were extremely friendly and helpful, (the locals too).  One of the nicest things about being in Cuba ...  not a McDonald's, Starbucks or Walmart as far as the eye can see !!! :-)
No McDonalds... No Wal-Mart... Nor StarBucks to be found huh? Cool... I guess it takes communism for a place to maintain a sense of self?

Looks like a good deal, yeah even that weird ass Wave Runner is pretty cool.

And genuine Monte Cristo's? Good work... Now, How do I go about getting a Canadian Passport?
rock.gif

Back