\'99 vs \'00 horsepower

OB_busTa Kaw

Registered
No difference. All tests Ive seen were very close with the 2000 usually ahead by a hair.
6.70's is not very good for all that work on his. My bone stock went 6.59 @ 114mph with my 200lbs on it and just a 1.73 60'.

Very close between the two. If anything the 00' models seem to be consistantly in the upper half of the ~10 hp range the Busa generally falls in. I've noticed more 00' models recording > 160 RWHP then I did the 99's. Overall - no significant difference.

Has the issue of HP differences ever been in question?

I was at the track last night, and while commenting a guy on his '99 Busa when he hits me with "a 99 has more power then your '00" crap.

Looking at this guy I started to remind him of what a fat-*** he was and that he'd need more than a small difference in HP to keep up.

Another guy was running his bike for him and managed a best of 6.70 in the 1/8th. The bike was lowered, had a pipe, an air-shifter, was on street tires, and trailered to the track -from what I could tell.

Anyway, is there any difference? Anybody got a dyno chart of both stock bikes? If I remember correctly, my title states 172.5HP.

Back