\'99 or 2000??

For what it's worth to you all I wrestled with this question last October. A Copper '99 now or a Red '00 in Dec. I decided to wait and pay $1000 more. It was worth it.

Okay guys, I was ready to buy my new Busa and called to tell the dealership I was coming after it when, to my dismay, the sales manager tells me it's sold....ouch!!! That hurt, however, thanks to Falcon Fool's brilliant insight I called Competition Accessories and they have one of each color on the floor. If everything goes according to plan I'll be going to pick it up tomorrow

Why, does the black ones waranty last longer??

ha hah ah ah ah aha ha
(we get it for 24months as standard in UK what about you lot in US??)

Nice to see you Lanta!!

Nuts

Blacks cool, but it lacks flavour. Get somethig that sticks out. At night black is just that, black. But what ever you get make it new. With a bike as fast as a busa new owners tend to NOT break it in right and you would end up get'n a bike that wasn't properly brooken in. The result.....a brooken bike later down the road.(maybe)

Black don't stick out at night, but the silver decals and red glowing rear light do!!

I ran mine in properly. To the letter of the manual.

Nuts

I have both the black 99 and the blue 00. The 00 seems a little smother and more responsive and does not have quite the buzz around 5000 the the 99 does. The 99 does seem a little stronger on top but not as strong on bottom. Go figure!!! Zx-12's are everywhere in the dealers showrooms. Local dealers are offering $1000.00 discount so from an re-sale standpoint the buse will be the better bet. Besides (in my opition) the blue is one of the best looking bikes ever made. I think you have to be one of the Kawasaki really faithfull to buy a 12.

Back