Newbie questions>sub-frame, tensionier, etc...

G

Red&Grey and Blue&White are year 2000 models. Copper and Black&Grey are '99 models. Also there is a plate on the left side frame that lists the manufacture date. Note though '00's can be built as early as 11/99.

There are only 2 known subframe failures, 1 '99 and 1 '00. Don't worry about it unless your girlfriend/wife weights 300 lbs.

The tensioner is a little more difficult problem. In theory it has been fixed for the '00's and there's a recall fix for the '99's. The good one have 3 pink dots on it. Unfortunately failures have been reported on the '00's too. Either get a good warranty or put an APE manual can chain tensioner on the bike. Costs about $50 USD.

Don't apologize about your English it's way better than many members who have English as their mother language.

There is a member, a woman dentist who is quite pretty, Hayabusaownerfan who lives in Curritiba. Married though. I bet you could talk her into riding with you.

Good riding man.

Hi all, first of all, i'd like to congratulate all members here for the great level of discussions here, very techinical! I've been reading all posts for the last two months since I decided to buy a Busa.
Let me introduce myself, I live in Brazil (anyone there?) and currently I own a 98 GSXR 1100W. As you may notice, english is not my mother language, I apologize for any typos and grammar mistakes in advance.
The Suzuki support here is very bad, as I'm planning to buy a brand new Busa. After reading all the posts about these failures are really scaring me a little.
Well, I have some obvious questions, if someone can answer....

1) There is only one official Suzuki importer in Brazil, and as I heard, sometimes they "remark" the year/model (i.e. mine is 1100w year 98 and model 99). Is there a positive way to check the real year the bike was made? Colors or other characteristics?

2) The tensioner problem still exist in 2000 model? If so, is Suzuki planning to correct this problem in 2001 model?

3) Same question as number 2 but for Sub-Frame problem?

Regards, and thank you for any reply!

[This message has been edited by WannaBuy Busa (edited 13 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WannaBuy Busa (edited 13 August 2000).]

Back