\'99 or 2000??

OB_MiniBusa

Registered
Question for anyone out there who might have some input. I'm about to trade my '98 GSX-R 750 for a Hayabusa. I've found a 2000 Blue and Silver and a new '99 Black and Grey. I like both of the color schemes very well. The '99 is cheaper and would probably be easier to get, but I've read alot about the cam chain tensioners and such on the '99's. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, my local Suzuki dealer is also a Kawasaki dealer and has slashed the price on his ZX 12's to try to tempt me into getting one of those hideous things, and although I am going with the Busa, that ugly Kaw is growing on me just a little bit.

Go for the Blue & Silver -- black is Ordinary
....my Two Cents.....ZX12, well its not worth it......BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA. Enough said.

Out with the old, in with the new..get the 2000 blue/silver. It looks so sweet and I'm not even biased because I have one. Nope, not one bit. A local dealer here has no less than 5 ZX12's on the floor but no 'busas. That says a lot. Nobody wants them for a reason. They want the best. Don't sway.
Lee

[This message has been edited by LeeMI (edited 04 July 2000).]

minibusa first keep gsxr then purchase blue busa didnt you know the blue one's are faster now you have a stable then next year buy the gsx-r1000 as for the 12R my freind works at a dealership that sells them all i think his blood is actually lime green and he was waiting for his 12 to come in well to make a long story short he now owns a R1 have you heard about the 2000mile break'in for the 12R???????

I have to agree BUSA there is NO BETTER. Kawi is a nice bike a very comfortable, but if its performance and looks you are looking for........HAYABUSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as for the color that is up to you.

Go for the 99!! #1 Black is BAD! #2 If it is new, the dealer must do all recalls(cam-chain tensioner) #3 When the 2001 model comes out, the 99-00 models will drop severly in value! If the 99 is cheaper, you won't lose as much in the long run.

What's the truth on the 99 might be a little faster than the 00. Is there any truth to the statement? Just heard a couple of people talking about it some time ago and was wondering. By the way, black is bad and it is faster!!!!!!!!!
Okla Bob

OK BOB, yeah, that's what I've heard. Motorcyclist said that their 99 busa went faster, but made less bhp than the 00 busa on the dyno?!?

Minibusa, wonder why the price is dropping on the Kaw? Could it be that it's slower than the busa? Or maybe it's that Kaw yanked all test bikes from they're press line after a German 12R test bike blew a connecting rod on the autobahn. Or because Kaw is planning to double the break-in of the 12-R to 2000 miles per the new owners manuel they came out with in April in Europe. Or could it be that even slightly overfilling the oil causes the 12-Rs crankshaft to drag through the extra oil, sapping power? (Which in turn causes the crankcase breather tube to start venting the extra oil directly into the airbox making it smoke like a 74 pinto with blow by.) And overfilling the oil is easy since the oil sight glass is not machined into the primary case, but is bolted on instead. They (Kawasaki) even started recommending to poor slowly, wait, rock the bike back and forth, wait and poor a little more when adding oil.

If you ask me, the 12-R is a nightmare waiting to be bought. Ya know,they say there's a sucker born every minute. I wonder how many 12-Rs get sold every minute?

Hello Busa people....
Always have fun to see the Busa freaks puge on the Kawa ZX 12. In the Kawa resorts on the net it's vice versa...! What is this all about? Both being Xtremely fast, Xpensive and fun 2 ride. I'll view your forums with smiles in Future.

Have fun on 2 wheels, an ZZR1100 owner from Holland. (That's a Kawa, though..)

Bye,
Bas

Thanks guys for all the input, I definitely wouldn't buy a ZX 12 and I was just hung up with whether or not I may experience problems with a '99 model.

OH MANNN!!! I'm bustin a gut!! A 74 Pinto with blow-by. The ultimate slam! Buldawg you are funny! You just made my night! I'll be laughing for hours! HA!HA! HA! HA!
[psst,I hope no Kawi guys see that,they'll be sick for weeks.]

Best line I've heard in years.

Pro: You'll save twice with the '99 -- cheaper price up front, less depreciation down the road. And the cash you save up front can buy some awfully nice goodies for the bike.

Con: Black bikes are the most beautiful in the world -- for about 15 minutes. Then they start to show every microscopic piece of dust. Believe me, I know! My GL1500 w/ hack is black; one more reason I love my copper 'Busa!

You guys are probably right. The only thing is that when I actually called the dealership neither of the '99's were actually new. The copper seemed to be a good deal but I'm still hung up. They asked $7995 for the copper and it's been down in a slide, they say it only sustained damage to the left fairing and was professionally repaired at the dealership and only has 740 miles. The black however, had been ridden quite a bit and I didn't ask for a price. Maybe I'll make a move tomorrow. Thanks guys

minibusa you might want to consider a 00 actual cost is 8964.00 a dealer would probably unload one for 500 over cost. your differance being about 1500.00 for 99 versus new 00 amortized over 60 months is only about 30.00 per month GO NEW AND GO BLUE!!!

Back