99' Model

Bo.D

Registered
need some help on what may be the issue its been cutting off as I'm riding it and also when I cut it off myself its hard to start up takes like 20 minutes or 30 mins Im guessing its my stator and rectifier just seeing who has dealed with this issue and can get started in the right direction.

need some help on what may be the issue its been cutting off as I'm riding it and also when I cut it off myself its hard to start up takes like 20 minutes or 30 mins Im guessing its my stator and rectifier just seeing who has dealed with this issue and can get started in the right direction.
May be just what you said it might. might pay to get auto electronic whizz (bike) to check it out, the first model always has teething problems

You need to completely rebuild your fuel pump and replace all fuel lines, as well as the vent, and return lines.
They collapse with heat, and stave the motor for fuel

Sounds like fuel to me too, although the Gen I's had stator/charging problems also. Make sure you keep it on a battery tender ANYTIME you can, and especially overnight.

On my 99, I replaced the pump altogether with a stronger, better aftermarket one and aftermarket FPR. The Walbro 255lph pump was only like $100, and the regulator (one from Aeromotive I believe) is not much more. Those with new lines and an inline filter is another option.

Back