99 Hayabusa Map Sensor Testing

Ionuthayabusa

Registered
Hi guys . Hopefully i posted in the right place .
I am having trouble with my map sensor(the one on the airbox). Basically with everything connected the bike runs really rough and gives out smoke and very heavy gasoline odour . I noticed if i leave the sensor with the plug on and the vaccum hose off , runs better . I tested the sensor and the input voltage to the sensor is about 5 v as per manual , but when i test the output voltage with the sensor connected at idle shows 2,5 v and stalls. If i test the sensor with ignion on ,engine not running at room temp the voltage is 3,5 v . I am really confused how to test it . Should not have a output voltage around 5 v with the ignition On(not running) and why does it run worse when i connect everything and the voltage at idle is 2.5 as per manual ? Please help .

Yes i have it . Not sure what the output voltage should be with ignition ON,Engine Off

man ?

read the manual at page 7-10
quote:
Generator no-Ioad performance:

More than 65 V at 5 000 r/mln (When eng ine is cold)

to get the real and dirct stator power
it says run the engine (runs for 100% sure only with voltage from battery) at 5000 rpm and measure from yellow wire to yellow wire above 65 volts and do it 3 times to control all 3 phases.
all that easily at the 3-point plug under the tank
if only one measuring shows less than 60 v the stator is "broken" and you need a new one.

Back