99-07 Swingarm Mod Question

I went and took some pics. Its $85 bucks to pick it up. I'm about to try to upload them but I migh have to wait till I get home. Govt computers don't let us do much

It worked, here's my swingarm!

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

I hate to tell you this, but I don't think you left enough room for the brake bar.

Why did you go ahead and underbrace it for? I admit, the underbracing looks better than with nothing at all on there:thumbsup:

I have few ideas up my sleeve. I'll keep ya'll posted on what I do with it. Like I said, its just a brace to keep the brake from moving since the pivot is on the axle bolt. I'm a pretty smart cookie though and will keep updating till my fingers fall off

Hey Busashot, how far does your underbracing come down from the front of the swingarm?

This is just for swingarm spools, right? Coundn't I essentially put a brace from there to the brake?

RB.png

I know how to it with no bar, and a second modified caliper hanger!

When i get home in a few days, ill upload the pics

I don't have enough dots for that (i.e. ....................................................), GET HOME ALREADY :lol:

My underbracing appears to be about 2" lower than yours at it's lowest point. Mine is also supported in the middle where the lowest point is located, where yours does not appear to have that supported. I don't believe that will be a problem though. Since your arm is still stock length, I would just use some aluminum flat bar about 1/8" thick and 1 inch wide then mount it on the outside of the brake caliper attaching point then slightly give it a bend somewhere near the halfway point and mount the other end of the bar on the inside of the original mount. Basically will look like a long Z shape like the stock bar. Use a short bolt with nut and have it attached from the inside. With this flat bar you can round off the ends for a clean look, polish it up easily and/or make some holes in it to give it some pizzaz!! All it's doing is keeping the brake mount from moving right? No real force there.

Here are some pics of the same arm from Spencercycle that I am using:

Exactly like mine.
George%20Coffey%201.jpg

3-9 adjustable but pretty much the same
edwin1.jpg

This is just for swingarm spools, right? Coundn't I essentially put a brace from there to the brake?

Thats what I did with my extensions. I was told by supllier since the supplied brake bar is not long enough was to cut and drill a new hole. I also bent the bar offset as so not to put caliper in a bind which initially i did trying to use stock bar. email me and i can send pics. extended mine like 8 inches overall. email me at oneclassic_70@yahoo.com as I dont get on her often enough..

how does one lose this new recruit status? been on the site for 2 yrs now.. think im past the greenhorn status..lol

LOL, it changes with your post count. Still a newbie if you ain't posting I suppose..... Please send some pics to me!

Back