99-00 hayabusa fuel pump issue finally solved

Hi i was after a little more info on this MOD, what fuel filter did you use ?, which o-rings did you replace ? im having the same problems i have just brought the same fuel pump as you of ebay just want to know what else i will need to buy or know about install. thanks Dan

You can use any type of O-rings that can handle petroleum or gasoline... As the for the fuel filter you can get a filter from the motorcycle shop Bike Master it was on $3.50.

hello guys am having the same problem with my bike.. am defenetly going to buy the pump from the link ,, but i just wanna be sure..
the only difference that my runs like its too rich and rough,,it sputters and stutters went am driving in any rpms,, but the weird think is
that i go take the bike for a spin and went i parked it ,, it wont start again until like couple hours it does this all the time!!! and i can feel the fuel pump getting hot too its there any shield or something i can use for it ...am from vegas and here it gets 115f outside,,bikes never gets overheated ,, need some helps asap guys thank you

Hi i was after a little more info on this MOD, what fuel filter did you use ?, which o-rings did you replace ? im having the same problems i have just brought the same fuel pump as you of ebay just want to know what else i will need to buy or know about install. thanks Dan

i went with a bikemaster inline fuel filter and i replaced all of the orings thats the fuel pump has

I put the same pump in mine and it ran WAY better but still is a little goofy once in a while so I am going to clean the injector screens next. I am having a weird problem with the bike randomly dying from time to time, sometimes when I hit a bump and sometimes not but it always fires back up. I am hoping its just a plug not making good contact but I dont know yet, going to try to find out this weekend. I dont think its the new pump but you can never tell, if nothing else I will try another pump as a last resort

i replace my pump alredy ,, and is still getting the same problem,,, if i drive around and then parked it wont start again until it cools down again,, am going to check the coils they problably bad.., bike never overheats but it does this all the time i parked with middle/normal temp!!! hate it it leaves me stuck everywere ,,, any help??? ty
???

I thought I had the random turning off fixed but it just did it again. If it does it one more time I am going to take the power commander off and see if that solves it but I do have a couple of other ideas.

tubasolee: Just a thought, try popping the gas cap when it does it to see if maybe the vent is plugged up and its vapor locking the bike.

Hi, just read your comment, I'm having dramas with my 2000 RY, exactly these symptoms, I've found my fuel pressure regulator to be stuck, definitely worth checking, if you haven't already sorted your bike.

I recently bought a low mileage '99 Busa pretty cheap because it wasn't running right. Occasional uneven idle, hard to start, ran on three cylinders, died while going slow through dense traffic and felt weak at top end. Sometimes it wouldn't rev out or above 7000 rpm. Midrange worked the best.

Changed out the stock fuel pump whose insulating sock was in bad shape for a Wahlbro pump and Malpassi regulator from Swedish MCXpress (famous for making turbo-kits) and checked the injectors. Got an extreme stutter after that so I had to take another look at the wiring loom for the injectors. Found nothing obviously wrong but after this the bike runs perfectly. 190+ mph (indicated) and all of the above issues are gone.
MCX told me they've sold plenty of pump kits for 99-00 bikes. The same pump setup as they use in their turbo kit.
One might want to dyno the bike again as higher fuel pressure will most likely disturb the air-fuel ratio, but I'll do that later after the turbo is on as well :)

Maybe not the prettiest installation but the pump is secure and there are no kinks in any lines
20160910_141750_zpstrcyiyy7.jpg

Seems like all good things come to an end, and in my case it did so pretty soon.
It ran fine for a few days only, then the symptoms gradually came back :(
I'm in the process of checking and changing a lot so I can get it running properly again.
Any ideas?

Its stuttering at low rpm and when I am twisting the throttle it feels like its drowning in too much fuel. It is pissing me off because I know its something to do with the fuel. Feels like its constantly choked. I have a new fuel pump, tps, cam position sensor, coils, plugs, cam chain tensioner, sync the TB's, and just adjusted the valves. When it boils down its still doing the same thing. My last and final attempt is to change out the insulator on the fuel pump and all of the o-rings. I am waiting on the parts to come in. I need my bike running back to where it was last year.

Did you get to the bottom of your problem?
You said that a new cam chain tensioner has been fitted, did you confirm that the cam timing is spot on? If the timing is a tooth out the valves will be opening at the wrong time, this will give symptoms of rich and poor running.
Start with the basics first, also, sync the throttle bodies but only when plugs, compressions, coils, injectors and correct fuel pressure are confirmed, good luck.

There are 2 ways of correctly fixing a 99 and 2k busa's fuel pump problems,
1st is to rebuild the pump with Oem seals and filters. and here is your list of what you need as well as a OEM link part numbers this is a listed part lis for both 99 and 2k
Please make it simple, just order everything that you disassemble,,, it it seals something

http://www.powersportsdiscount.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d40e1af8700230d8b50799/pump-assy-model-x-y

You need to have your pump apart to make sure you order the correct strainer, part #10 or 10a
Again order all o rings and seal that you disassemble. The pump it self as long as the bike ran, is fine!

Now the the aftermarket way,,

A new external pump,
A FMU regulator, set to 43 psi!
Fittings, hoses, and some tinker time

Any thing else is a band aid

Back