99-00 hayabusa fuel pump issue finally solved

Hello guys, Im a newbie to this site,
Ive read alot of the post refereing to the 99-00 fuel pump
issues. Let me tell you, i had the same issues and it drove me crazy
I had the hick ups or surge as they call it when in the 1500 to 3000RPM
range, it would be hard to star in the mornings and after it had been parked for a while
The RPM's would be going up and down,
I checked everything from the TPS sensor to the spark plugs to the compression.
Everything checked out good till one day i checked the fuel pressure, I didnt check it because
my bike has only 17kmiles on it and its a 99 I kinda figured it wouldnt be that.
But it was so i went on ebay and there is an aftermarket fuel pump link below

1999-2000 Brand new replacement external fuel pump for Hayabusa 99-00 Busa | eBay

i read it had more pressure than the OEM one and also it had a better flow rate.
I bought it and installed it and let me tell you that it fixed my issues, whil i was at it I also did the fuel filter mod
Its a great fuel pump no more surging or rpms up and down and it comes with a 9month warranty
My hayabusa has never been working better after the install i took it for a ride and everything worked great
I Just wanted to write a post to let all of the other guys on here that are having the same fuel pump issues
that i would recomend the fuel pump i used and its only 85dollars.
Hope you guys find it usefull

Do you have any instruction for the installation my Busa is doing the same this and at first It was the cam tensioner went bad so I replaced that. It was still doing so i thought i was the valves so i did a fresh valve adjustment no still doing it. Hard starting in the morning and low rpm it sputters and stutters scares me. I am going to do this fuel pump replacement because this is the last resort fuel. If you have any advice please lend some this way.

Do you have any instruction for the installation my Busa is doing the same this and at first It was the cam tensioner went bad so I replaced that. It was still doing so i thought i was the valves so i did a fresh valve adjustment no still doing it. Hard starting in the morning and low rpm it sputters and stutters scares me. I am going to do this fuel pump replacement because this is the last resort fuel. If you have any advice please lend some this way.

Yeah i would advice you to know a plce where to get the orings cause your deff going to need those. or order them at any bike shop you have around your area as far as instructions go remember where they go and i wouldnt advice putting the gas filter back in just get an inline fuel filter.

I already the inline filter change on my 00 so this should be about the same. I got the fuel pump in today, so Thursday is fuel pump work. He had in the instructions about hooking up the one line last I was a little confused but It shouldnt be that hard. I hope not

What problems are you having?

Its stuttering at low rpm and when I am twisting the throttle it feels like its drowning in too much fuel. It is pissing me off because I know its something to do with the fuel. Feels like its constantly choked. I have a new fuel pump, tps, cam position sensor, coils, plugs, cam chain tensioner, sync the TB's, and just adjusted the valves. When it boils down its still doing the same thing. My last and final attempt is to change out the insulator on the fuel pump and all of the o-rings. I am waiting on the parts to come in. I need my bike running back to where it was last year.

Take off you seat and on the left side toward the back look for the dealer plug, it will be roughing 1" square, white with a black cap, and have two wires going to it. Take the cap off, jump the two wires and turn on the key. Look at your clock and it should now say -C00, if the dash is at the top or bottom then you need to have the TPS re adjusted.

I have a brand new TPS on there that's thing. I have brand new: TPS, fuel pump, cam positioning sensor, cam chain tensioner, valve job, spark plugs, air filter, and velocity stacks. I think its a bent valve, but I am not a motorcycle mechanic I need help because a lot of $$$ has went into this and can't get to ride....:banghead:

If they didnt adjust the TPS correctly when they installed it that could be part of the problem. The used bike I just picked up was stumbling pretty bad and we check the TPS adjustment and it was off. A few mintues of adjusting and it started running MUCH better. It will only cost you the amount of a paper clip to check it and then you can rule it out for sure. I know how you feel though, mine still has a little stumble at low RPM so I am going to throw a new pump in and do the external filter mod. It sucks knowing it is probably something small causing so much headache.

I told you before you spent a dime, bring it here and I would fix it right up.. When ready a lift is still waiting..dyno in back to check it.. You will have the cost of a new bike if you keep throwing money at it... I have evey part in stock to run test without you buying anything you don't need. I just fixed a 99 busa yesterday that has been sitting for 6 years while guy was on vacation. it ran like a top, roll on power wheelies and all.. Bike wouldn't even crank when dropped off.

I have a brand new TPS on there that's thing. I have brand new: TPS, fuel pump, cam positioning sensor, cam chain tensioner, valve job, spark plugs, air filter, and velocity stacks. I think its a bent valve, but I am not a motorcycle mechanic I need help because a lot of $$$ has went into this and can't get to ride....:banghead:

I am going to put my injectors in a ultrasonic bath full of sea foam tomorrow morning, If that doesnt work I am heading your way Golden Child thats a promise.

Hello guys, Im a newbie to this site,
Ive read alot of the post refereing to the 99-00 fuel pump
issues. Let me tell you, i had the same issues and it drove me crazy
I had the hick ups or surge as they call it when in the 1500 to 3000RPM
range, it would be hard to star in the mornings and after it had been parked for a while
The RPM's would be going up and down,
I checked everything from the TPS sensor to the spark plugs to the compression.
Everything checked out good till one day i checked the fuel pressure, I didnt check it because
my bike has only 17kmiles on it and its a 99 I kinda figured it wouldnt be that.
But it was so i went on ebay and there is an aftermarket fuel pump link below

1999-2000 Brand new replacement external fuel pump for Hayabusa 99-00 Busa | eBay

i read it had more pressure than the OEM one and also it had a better flow rate.
I bought it and installed it and let me tell you that it fixed my issues, whil i was at it I also did the fuel filter mod
Its a great fuel pump no more surging or rpms up and down and it comes with a 9month warranty
My hayabusa has never been working better after the install i took it for a ride and everything worked great
I Just wanted to write a post to let all of the other guys on here that are having the same fuel pump issues
that i would recomend the fuel pump i used and its only 85dollars.
Hope you guys find it usefull

Hi i was after a little more info on this MOD, what fuel filter did you use ?, which o-rings did you replace ? im having the same problems i have just brought the same fuel pump as you of ebay just want to know what else i will need to buy or know about install. thanks Dan

I just did this replacement,and Justin who sells the aftermarket fuel pumps off ebay offered excellent support.

Problems--Putting the retainer side of pump that holds fuel filter ( internal) is almost always going to need a new o ring. The fuel pump retainer is a ***** if swollen and is getting very hard to replace due to age of bike.
I had to reuse my old fuel pump retainer and shave it down to the right width and reinsert and clean it.

Priming the fuel the pump can be done with the bleeder screw on fuel pressure regulator( 10mm) not as per instructions. We had to hook the fuel assembly directly to the battery as it wouldnt purge enough air by trying to crank over the motor. After the fuel came to the bleeder screw, retighten and the bike fires up. It will take a few minutes to even out and you may even get a FI fault code. Mine cleared after a couple of minutes.

Back