99 fuel pump

1Falcon989

Registered
Ok. So I've read up on 99-00 external pumps and from what I have gathered they are junk. I am currently in the process of putting a 99 together and the fuel pump is generating absolutely no pressure. My question is what is an alternative to buying a replacement external style pump(aftermarket inline ect.)? I looked into upgrading to an "in-tank" style pump like the newer bikes but at this point it is NOT an option due to the fresh paint on the 99 tank. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this write up in BUSA MOD section (Moved Walbro pump to battery compartment) .
also try the search feature its a life saver

You can take it apart and see if it's clogged? If the filter looks clogged, clean the whole thing out and throw an inline filter in there. (leave the stock filter compartment inside the pump empty)

Other than that, I can't think of anything. That pump is probably shot. You can buy a used one on here or on other busa sites. (or I have one if you really want it)

But I think those are your only options: the internal pump from the new year, or aftermarket external pump like my Walbro 255 and an aftermarket FPR.

I'm assuming the pump turns on/primes?

Back