99 hayabusa wiring trouble

1999hayabusa

Registered
Hi Guys,
I have recently bought a 99 hayabusa which was really in a bad condition. The old wiring harness had few cuts and joints in it so i thought to change the entire wiring harness. I bought a 03 hayabusa wiring harness from ebay and was in a good condition. I have installed the new wiring and made few changes as 03 hayabusa had an internal fuel pump and in 99 it use to come with an external fuel pump. I found the fuel pump and fuel gauge wiring with the colour codes and the gauge is working properly. All the electricals are working, i can also hear the click sound from the fuel pump relay but there is no current coming in the fuel pump wire (yellow wire with red strip).

I also tried to start the engine by putting some fuel directly to the throttle body but it didnt work so checked the current in the coils. I realised that there was no current coming in the coils/spark plugs also.

Kindly let me know if there are anymore changes required in a 03 busa wiring to install it in a 99 busa.

Plz help......

the ecu is different. to make it work you will have to get both wiring schematics and splice wires as required. no one is going to know exactly which wires need swapped off the top of their head. If you are not willing to do the wiring it will probably be easiest to find the correct wiring harness for that year bike and change it.

i have a 99. in order for your new harness to work u will have to swap wires 33 and 56. then swap 53 and 60. also 36 and 43. hope this helps you out.

Keep in mind the 99 ECu was an 8 bit processor, 2000 - 2001 was a 16 bit and 2002 up is 32 bit.

Pin swaps are required to make it work.

Believe he may be refferring to the ECU pins / wires. Got a pic of the pin outs from my last project. (disregard arrows and bingo dots...lol..)

ecupinout.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx a tonn guys :)
it really helped...

@firefighter

You are a star buddy, i did the alterations and it worked bro. I never thought that i will be able to finish this project with the new harness. I was about to order a 99 hayabusa harness worth $250, you saved my money and time.
I really appreciate your help, thanx again. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Everything is working fine guys but i noticed that the right side turn signal light in the instrument cluster is continuesly ON in still mode.
Any suggestions regarding this guys..

your welcome bro....as for your turn signal light being on constantly, try to switch the front and rear signal bulbs. one is blown. im not sure about the pcII wiring. i never ran one. look through the forum for a user named johnnycheese. he can give you great advise on that.

You need a 03 and up Switch housing,, then its a direct plug in!

You can add flash to pass on a 99 and 00, and make it work, but im almost sure it doesn't work the other way!

Back