Fortunately, we don't have to rely on opinion OR theory. There is cold hard fact.

The octane rating that's best for any vehicle is dependant on a key factor: The compression ratio inside the cylinder. The Busa's is perfect for 87 octane, pure and simple.

Around here, some gas stations have 86 and 88 octane. I usually go for the 86, just because!

--Wag--

nuh uh!! Nuh-uh! ALL bikes run faster with higher octane! It must be true cuz I read it on the internet

I only use 87 since day one after learning the truth bout octane ratings

Good reading.............
coffee.gif

octane rating answers

Interesting discussion -- I have been using 93 octane in the busa, but I guess it depends on the tune on the vehicle. Does anyone know whether a PCIII map would affect timing or other variables to make 89+ octane better?

Right now I'm stock until I get my tiforce exhaust and pc3 installed, so I guess I'm switching to 87 for the time being.

Thanks for the info!

(Wits-Busa @ Jan. 03 2007,14:35) Interesting discussion -- I have been using 93 octane in the busa, but I guess it depends on the tune on the vehicle.  Does anyone know whether a PCIII map would affect timing or other variables to make 89+ octane better?

Right now I'm stock until I get my tiforce exhaust and pc3 installed, so I guess I'm switching to 87 for the time being.

Thanks for the info!
Even after those mods, I would use 87...it's been almost 4 years...full exhaust, PC3R w/custom map + 87 octane  
super.gif

Yes, definitely run 87 in your stock bike and then throw a couple of hot GNIB GNABS in your tank and your all set...
biggrin.gif

87 for me. Mostly because of the posts on this forum (and the owners manual
smile.gif
)

I haven't spent any time (or money) experimenting to see whether or not the octane does make any change in performance on a basically stock bike.

Back