AES

Registered
guys either the bie has just suddenly WOKE UP. or its the fuel or something. It just got its 500 mile service. i went to the gas station and thought......... SELF, youve been running 93 octane in this beast since it had 4 miles on it. SELF, why dont youtry the other end of the spectrum.......... so i dumped 4.5 gallons of 87 octane in and pulled out of the station. Hit the on-ramp 1st---2nd (wheelie)....set it back down 3rd (wheelie) set it back down and took off. now im really not a big fan of wheelies, just too many variables and ive got a two year old but whats the damn deal. this bike has had a personality change. is it the gas or the break in oil being changed or what. someone with some knowledge clue me in.

MILD BUSA'S LIKE 87 OCTANE!!!!!!! Sure race gas smells good, but from the two tuners i've talked to, they said the busa makes more power on 87. I still have a hard time putting in the cheap stuff, but it's what's best
beerchug.gif

Mostly YOU...now you are probably hitting the throttle harder because you aren't as afraid of breaking it...also you are more
comfortable with the bike overall.

The bike is tuned for 87, running 93 can actually produce less HP with a stock bike. Now if you had more
compression, better cams, timing, the right fuel map...then you would need 93  
race.gif

first service is past. now unleash the beast
super.gif
just becarefull

you know......... it might be me but it never could pull the front tire off the ground in third before...... guess ill take your word for it.

Personal experience on a stock busa. 87 octane gives more power and better gas mileage than 91.

Just think. More power and longer trips for LESS MONEY!! How can ya beat that?!!

If you buy a Gixxer 1000, you'll be puttin' 91 in for sure!

--Wag--

last few tanks I've run 89. Seems to be a bit smoother. Or could just be my imagination.
all_coholic.gif

87 does it, and after break in you start taking the RPMs up and the bike get's crazy above 5K. If you had the rear seat on you may have been sitting a bit back on the bike. That always causes problems with gravity. Be careful.
beerchug.gif

87 for me. Tried 91 and she was noticeably different - didn't like it at all. Went back to 87 and have been there since.

I can hardly wait to put in 87. I think all summer I ran 91 or better. If it pulls harder on 87 I think I am in for a treat.
muscle.gif

Started running 89 the first 100-200 miles but swicthed to 87 as I relaized I would just be throwing money away over time.

(monster @ Jan. 02 2007,18:14) last few tanks I've run 89.  Seems to be a bit smoother.  Or could just be my imagination.  
all_coholic.gif
+1

I usually run 89 too for the same reason. We have pretty good air here most of the time, and 2 points of detonation protection never hurts.

Fuel discussions are like oil discussions. Varying opinions and theories. In theory 91 should net better power....in theory. In reality a good quality 87 octance gas can yield more power than a cheap 91 octane. So I won't begin to try and fuel the debate over fuel selections because well there is too much science there to understand anyway.

I do think that each of our bikes have thier own personalities. Some of that comes from the ECU "remembering" how we drove and some of it comes from day to day differences. I can get on my bike one day and she sings back to me sweet songs. The next day she can scare the ever living sheiot out of me with her power. Same bike, same fuel same everything. I had the opportunity to ride an 06 that I met the other day. I wanted to see how the brake upgrades felt on his bike. All else was stock. Didn't even feel like the same Busa in terms of what mine felt like just in accelration and etc.

I got my TBs synched. Crap the bike made me relearn how to ride her for about a week after that. I think it is probably you and you realizing you could have a little more fun that you could for the first miles. And they are right, all hell can break loose after 7500 RPM. PLENTY of power you have't even felt yet.

Be safe and re-introduce yourself to the machine. She will kill you if you don't respect her.

Back