9" stretch

07bluebusa394

Registered
this is before the lowering links and the new chain being installed!! anyone have a good suggestion on loosening the bolt that hold the stock link on? :banghead: they r TIGHT AS HELL

001.jpg

just use some PB blaster if needed and use a cheater bar with it or two wrenches for more leverage.. shouldnt be too hard to loosen.. just a little muscle

Last edited:
just use some PB blaster if needed and use a cheater bar with it or two wrenches for more leverage.. shouldnt be too hard to loosen.. just a little muscle

this may be a stupid question but what will happen once i take these factory links off? is it gonna fall since the shock wont be mounted to the swingarm anymore????

Last edited:
a good idea would be to have the front of the bike on a stand and use a jack to lift up the bike by the frame.. i usually use a jack and a piece of wood and jack it up on the exhaust. it shouldnt damage.

Front stand ( chock ) and put a jackstand under each rearset pegs to hold up the bike. If your pegs are fold ups....not going to work. Could put a 1/4 or 1/2 bar ( dont remember witch works) thru the swingarm pivot bolt, then put jackstand under each end of that bar. IT will hold up the bike and let the rear suspension hang free from weight.:beerchug:

Front stand ( chock ) and put a jackstand under each rearset pegs to hold up the bike. If your pegs are fold ups....not going to work. Could put a 1/4 or 1/2 bar ( dont remember witch works) thru the swingarm pivot bolt, then put jackstand under each end of that bar. IT will hold up the bike and let the rear suspension hang free from weight.:beerchug:

:bowdown: you the man big rod!!!! worked great!!!!

Sweeeeeeet

Now be carefull that rear tire doesnt rub a hole in your undertail, ( Dont ask me how I know )

Help me out i just extended mine but i noticed you have the rear caliper on the top instead of bottom. Any reason?

Help me out i just extended mine but i noticed you have the rear caliper on the top instead of bottom. Any reason?

the kit i bought came with a bracket that holds the rear caliper in place on top, instead of having an ugly long ass brake bar!!!! in the pics its not hooked up yet but if u want some pics of what im talkin bout ill PM ya if u want!!

Your bike is looking great! I'm about to lower and stretch mine when all the parts come in by tuesday so this gives me a clear idea of how far to stretch! 9" looks great! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

the kit i bought came with a bracket that holds the rear caliper in place on top, instead of having an ugly long ass brake bar!!!! in the pics its not hooked up yet but if u want some pics of what im talkin bout ill PM ya if u want!!

your bike looks great. what kit is the one you bought that mounts the caliper on top that looks nice? and how did you lower the back of your bike?

Need to get yourself a heavier rear spring to compensate for the stretch, At 9" over stock you have so much more leaverage now your spring is not stiff enough.

Need to get yourself a heavier rear spring to compensate for the stretch, At 9" over stock you have so much more leaverage now your spring is not stiff enough.

where can i get such spring? and what kinda spring rate should i get? im 6'4" 215 lbs if that makes a diff

your bike looks great. what kit is the one you bought that mounts the caliper on top that looks nice? and how did you lower the back of your bike?

i bought the kit off ebay. and i lowered the rear with new 3-hole links on the middle hole setting
:beerchug:

Deff need the stiffer spring due to the longer leverage of the stretch like said.
Also get the soupies or brocks althread adjustable links. Much better adjustment....thos 3 hole things scar me!
Or you could go AIR ride:laugh:

Back