80 in NOVEMBER! pics

Don't know Where In/Out on 49 ??? Directions Please

I 80 toward Reno, go to HWY 49 exit in Auburn, make a left on 49, go under freeway to next light, In & Out Burger on your right.

Robert I can meet you at the Valero gas station on Walerga & Antelope at 9:00 and we can ride up together if you want.

:beerchug:

org bullard bar-15.jpg

I 80 toward Reno, go to HWY 49 exit in Auburn, make a left on 49, go under freeway to next light, In & Out Burger on your right.

Robert I can meet you at the Valero gas station on Walerga & Antelope at 9:00 and we can ride up together if you want.

Meet YA There (Valero Gas Station) I Get LOST Real Easy.........Remind Me To Get GAS Also :shocked:

Hey Robb! Thanks for inviting me, you *(*&^%$$#!!!! HAHA! Actually, we're doing an early T-Day at my daughter's home in Reno Sunday because they're flying out to Seattle on the actual day to be with her hubby's folks.
OK, I'm looking out the window, just FYI, and it's 34 degrees at 9:00AM. I took a spin yesterday and damn near froze me nerds off, so dress accordingly mi amigos!
I've eaten at that Pizza place in the pic in Downieville many times with the sports bike club I belong to, good stuff. And there is conveniently a gas station just to the west across the parking lot for ya!
Have a blast and BE CAREFUL of the dried pine needles that you'lll encounter on the road up there!

Jimbo

Meet YA There (Valero Gas Station) I Get LOST Real Easy.........Remind Me To Get GAS Also :shocked:

I will meet you guys there also and will have at least one other friend with me on his Harley who wants to go with us. We can all ride up the hill together. 9:00am you say?

Hey Robb! Thanks for inviting me, you *(*&^%$$#!!!! HAHA! Actually, we're doing an early T-Day at my daughter's home in Reno Sunday because they're flying out to Seattle on the actual day to be with her hubby's folks.
OK, I'm looking out the window, just FYI, and it's 34 degrees at 9:00AM. I took a spin yesterday and damn near froze me nerds off, so dress accordingly mi amigos!
I've eaten at that Pizza place in the pic in Downieville many times with the sports bike club I belong to, good stuff. And there is conveniently a gas station just to the west across the parking lot for ya!
Have a blast and BE CAREFUL of the dried pine needles that you'lll encounter on the road up there!

Jimbo
see, i know you wouldent be able to go:poke::laugh:...im sorry Jim i spaced it wasent thinkin' as usual:down:

thats the other thing i shoulda mentioned as well, COLD is the word on the route so wear your long johns!!:thumbsup:

good pizza there aint it...hey Jim, do remeber if they have 91 octane at the store?

I will meet you guys there also and will have at least one other friend with me on his Harley who wants to go with us. We can all ride up the hill together. 9:00am you say?

were meeting at 9:30 at the IN/Out Burger but the part about you guys ridein' up the hill toooogeeetheer, well, i will put it in C-Mode and leave my emergency brake on:poke::laugh:

Last edited:
see, i know you wouldent be able to go:poke::laugh:...im sorry Jim i spaced it wasent thinkin' as usual:down:

thats the other thing i shoulda mentioned as well, COLD is the word on the route so wear your long johns!!:thumbsup:

good pizza there aint it...hey Jim, do remeber if they have 91 octane at the store?
Yep, they do have 91 octane there. My 07 Gixxer (RIP) drank nothing less.
Oh, not to sound like an old fuddy-duddy here guys, but the sun is in the south now and a good portion of those mountain twisties on 49 will be in the shade. That means a slight coating of very slippery frost in some places (noticed this up VC way the other day). When I finally hook up with you dudes, I want everyone HEALTHY and happy, no crash and burn stories! :)

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to ask Robb, that's a cool pic of a gathering of busas there in Downieville you posted. Must have been a couple years back, eh? That one guy has an 05 blue/silv like I had! Is that Bosshound waving at the camera? Who there still has those busas and who there now has 08s?

Thanks Jim i was defiently going to discuss the road situation with guys before we ride, i was going to go down hwy 20 to Bullards Bar if that trip up higher looks to risky, we will be very carfull:beerchug:

:laugh::laugh:ya that was what im thinking in 07 and everytime i see a pic of my old ride i kinda get misty and stuff:laugh:

lets see..from left to right its ..mistah187 ..Bosshound ..Captainraymond ..V-Max 2 Busa ..and Mymaster:thumbsup: .........pretty sure mistah187 still (Russell) has his gen1 but havent seen him since the Kento-Moto ride in chico last year, Raymond droped off the radar and havent heard from him since last winter, Bosshound (Robert) with his 08 and V-Max (Gene) gen1 are always ready to tear up some piece of asphalt wherever it might be:bowdown:..and of course i hate to even mention it cause if he sees it it will make him feel bad, our Mymaster (Bill) was injured pretty badly on a go down on is way to Kentos pad and is still on the sidelines:down:

oh ya did i metion that the guys that do have gen2s' chose the faster orange/black as opposed to all the other slower colors:poke::laugh:

Last edited:
Ahhhh yes, I do remember seeing pics of that beautiful red beast all tore up and on a trailer last year. Too bad, looked like he put a lot of $$$$ into it.
Have a good guys! See ya SOON!

Jimbo

PS.......hmmmmm............orange/blk the fastest color you say?? Well, hell, I'm out numbered here, so I'll just keep my mouth shut!! :laugh:

Oh, forgot to ask Robb, that's a cool pic of a gathering of busas there in Downieville you posted. Must have been a couple years back, eh? That one guy has an 05 blue/silv like I had! Is that Bosshound waving at the camera? Who there still has those busas and who there now has 08s?

Here is the thread from that ride last year. It was in October and I recall some of those shaded corners being a bit slippery. Oh and the sexy 05 silver/blue beauty is mine, ain't she something?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/73371-6-busas-downieville.html

Busa 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could go, but I have a birthday party to go.

Have fun
Posted via Mobile Device

Your riding biatch on a Harley? :poke:...................................:rofl:

I've got a friend that just bought a crusier out of Florida off E bay. 98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100, should have gotten it this week or early next week. He may join us sometime. He only works on Sundays, so that may be a problem.

Last edited:
I'll be headed to Downieville thru Bullards Bar and exiting by Graeagle/Quincy on a return flight to Chico. Hope to see you there in the early PM. Watch out for black ice and chronic wet spots on the North side of those hills :shocked:

Right on Cos:thumbsup:if we cross paths hit the skids brother, havent seen ya since that crazy fast ride we did on 36 with Kento, man thats the perfect twistie road and it never ends:beerchug:

The Weather Channel on my puter tells me it's 37 degrees this morning, looks like this ride's gonna start off on the chilly side.

Back