750 better than 600?

motogp08

Registered
Planning on getting my first sportbike soon, and am trying to decide on what to get. Well, actually my first streetbike for that matter.

Yes, i have thought about the SV650. But i think i'm pretty much decided towards one of the GSXR's. I'm not asking what bike i SHOULD get, i'm asking in your opinion which bike is more fun, exciting, maneuverable, and whatever else you can think of between the 600-750.

I think the one that i'm more comfortable sitting on is the 750. I'm roughly 6' tall and think that the 750 is a lot more comfortable for me. Also, i want something that won't suffer in performance much with a passenger on it. "For when i get experience of course." (As stupid as it may sound.) Does a passenger affect a 600-750's by much? That's really what i was trying to say.

A little about me: Not throttle hungry, i just like the feel of a sportbike better, i want something to ride around and have a good time on. I also want something that will handle well with a passenger riding with me.

Thanks for the help!
beerchug.gif

busa.org all the way!
bowdown.gif

I'd say 750 for 2up, but it's quit a bit of power.   Take some courses.  Ride'n is fun, but if you don't have the basics down it can be the worst decision you've ever made quick.  what other kind of bikes have you ride'n?

(rockadaous @ Jan. 15 2007,16:38) I'd say 750 for 2up, but it's quit a bit of power.   Take some courses.  Ride'n is fun, but if you don't have the basics down it can be the worst decision you've ever made quick.  what other kind of bikes have you ride'n?
I'm a dirt bike lover. But i have ridden 3 wheelers. But unfortunately the street is much different than the dirt. Yes, i'm also going to take my MSF hopefully this spring! Like April-June ish!
super.gif

I'm glad you said that because i kinda fell in love with that 750. I also want enough power to keep me busy for a long time. "I have a hard time selling stuff."

Thx!
beerchug.gif

I know a couple of guys that made the jump from dirt to street. You'll be fine. Just don't try and throw a foot out in the turns LOL j/k

(rockadaous @ Jan. 15 2007,16:49) I know a couple of guys that made the jump from dirt to street.  You'll be fine.  Just don't try and throw a foot out in the turns LOL  j/k
I don't know, it might be feasible if i could do the splits!
laugh.gif

But, unfortunately i can't.
sad.gif

I like the 750... It's a great all around motorcycle... Since you're starting out, I would suggest you buy used vs. new.. Chances are you may dump the bike.. The sinking feeling will double if the bike is brand new..
wink.gif

Good Luck..

GXSR 750 with MSF - you'll love it! I think you'd grow out of a 600 too fast... but that's my opinion.

Cewl and get us pics when you get the bike.

(Rocketman @ Jan. 15 2007,16:54) GXSR 750 with MSF - you'll love it! I think you'd grow out of a 600 too fast... but that's my opinion.  

Cewl and get us pics when you get the bike.
Exactly what i heard AND thought!

Thanks everyone!

Keep it up!
beerchug.gif

My only problem is being a minor. I can't finance SH1D!
pissed.gif
I'm also under blanket coverage with my mom, because my dad passed on last march. And i'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out what to do.

Help on this, like an organization of things leading up to the sale of the bike would be great!

So please tell me what you did to buy YOUR bike, step by step if you will!

May sound stupid. But i'm dyin here, everytime i think i have it figured out, something else bites me on the @ss.

Thanks for all the help guys!
beerchug.gif

If you are proficient dirt bike riding (3 wheelers not included) going to the street won't be a big problem other than familiarizing yourself with riding in traffic.

If you're pretty confident in your skills, have you even considered a busa? The 750 is a great bike but sucks for 2 up riding. The 600, 750 and 1000 ergo measurements are almost identical...big diff. is the engine cc. Busa is the best sport bike out there for 2 up IMO.

(motogp08 @ Jan. 15 2007,17:21) My only problem is being a minor. I can't finance SH1D!
pissed.gif
I'm also under blanket coverage with my mom, because my dad passed on last march. And i'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out what to do.

Help on this, like an organization of things leading up to the sale of the bike would be great!

So please tell me what you did to buy YOUR bike, step by step if you will!

May sound stupid. But i'm dyin here, everytime i think i have it figured out, something else bites me on the @ss.

Thanks for all the help guys!
beerchug.gif
Do you mean 17 year old minor or like 15 year old minor?

Not to flame, but I was under the impression you were much older (21-30). Do you have a auto license yet?

going to the street won't be a big problem other than familiarizing yourself with riding in traffic.[/Quote]

Correction:
Riding with a bunch of IDIOTS in cagers..
Now this is where the real skils come in..

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 15 2007,17:21) If you are proficient dirt bike riding (3 wheelers not included) going to the street won't be a big problem other than familiarizing yourself with riding in traffic.

If you're pretty confident in your skills, have you even considered a busa?  The 750 is a great bike but sucks for 2 up riding.  The 600, 750 and 1000 ergo measurements are almost identical...big diff. is the engine cc.  Busa is the best sport bike out there for 2 up IMO.
I've definitely considered a busa. I've been in love with this bike for several years. When my dad was still alive i think i remember showing him a picture of it. When i was little of course. But i've had so many people tell me it is a bad idea, it's not even funny! So i kinda gave up talking to people about it and kinda got interested in the 750. I love the muscle-bound look of the busa, and would love to have one. I'm 16 though and am not sure what the ins. co. would say about it. "I haven't even asked about the smaller bikes yet because i'm waiting to see when it will be real close for me getting my bike."

I'm, like i said, not throttle hungry. And i plan to learn a my pace, and my pace only. I'm just trying to figure out which one is right for me. The busa is very comfortable for me. I'm a pretty big 16 year old. Vertically, not horizontally.
laugh.gif

What do you think?
rock.gif

And yes, i do have a license. I've had it for more like 2-3 years because i got my farm permit at 14. So i do have traffic experience in a cage.
wink.gif

The 600 is cheaper right off the bat, insurance will be cheaper on a 600 also. Every record i have ever seen at a track was set by a 600 not a 750. The front wheel will come up off the ground faster/easier on a 750 also. Just thought you would want to hear the other side also.

(Super Trucker @ Jan. 15 2007,17:34) The 600 is cheaper right off the bat, insurance will be cheaper on a 600 also. Every record i have ever seen at a track was set by a 600 not a 750. The front wheel will come up off the ground faster/easier on a 750 also. Just thought you would want to hear the other side also.
Definitely, i'm not opposed to either side! I'm just trying to figure out the facts. Now my other problem is i'm tall and the 600 is right on the verge of being too small from back of gas tank to the handle bars. Maybe not quite that way but kinda close.
sad.gif

6' tall is about the comfort limit for a 600/750/1000. I feel the 600 is your best bet. Again, the ergonomics (fit for your frame) is going to be the same as the 750. The 600 bikes have plenty of power nowadays, can save you a lot of bucks (MSRP $8900 vs. $10,200 new) and as stated earlier save you some insurance premiums at your age.

I would recommend a 1-2 year old bike with a credible history as your first street bike.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 15 2007,17:53) 6' tall is about the comfort limit for a 600/750/1000.  I feel the 600 is your best bet.  Again, the ergonomics (fit for your frame) is going to be the same as the 750.  The 600 bikes have plenty of power nowadays, can save you a lot of bucks (MSRP $8900 vs. $10,200 new) and as stated earlier save you some insurance premiums at your age.

I would recommend a 1-2 year old bike with a credible history as your first street bike.
Actually if i recall right, the 750 I saw is $9999.

Wait, never mind you meant total cost 10200. Okay, never mind i just had a minor lapse of intelligence.

Sorry!
sad.gif

Back