Would a busa be better for me

sk8snw8s

Registered
I completed my MSF class last year. I'm looking to get a sportsbike this year. My friends who ride say that a 600, 750 and 1000 would be to small. I'm 6'3" 240lb. This is muscle weight because I workout 3/4 days per week. They tease me when we go to dealers or I sit on their bikes. They say I look like a shriner on a pocket rocket. So now I'm trying to get some feedback from the Busa community. I'm 44, not looking at the bike because of the speed but love the style and the sportsbike look but would treat it more like a cruising bike. Definitely not into Harleys.

first bike ever??? yeah go ahead and get the busa, then you kick youself in the a** after you lay it down. most likely a low speed turn and down she'll go. not wishin any bad luck or nothin but trust me on this one. its happened to the best of us. i'd get a used cheap bike and get comfortable riding. it'd be a shame to scratch up a new busa not long after gettin it. but then again its ur money
biggrin.gif

I say do it, but remember it bites back just like any other bike..... The throttle is sensitive, but not as bad as most of the 1K's out there. Be very cautious with the throttle while turning at low speeds and you should be fine.... don't want that rear tire breaking loose and running away from you
sad.gif

first bike ever??? yeah go ahead and get the busa, then you kick youself in the a** after you lay it down. most likely a low speed turn and down she'll go. not wishin any bad luck or nothin but trust me on this one. its happened to the best of us. i'd get a used cheap bike and get comfortable riding. it'd be a shame to scratch up a new busa not long after gettin it. but then again its ur money
biggrin.gif
If your going to get one, get some frame sliders before you start riding. Like the man says, it'll probably be a low speed fall, but you'll want to cry when you see what you've scratched up and what it'll cost to fix it.

I like to say thanks for the help. I have rode my friends bikes and did wonderful. In the MSF class turning wasn't a problem for me either. It's just this my first bike that I will be purchasing. Also if I don't get the frame sliders out the door, they will be added within a couple of weeks. Who is a good insurance company to go with? I know AAA don't insure Busa in the Michigan area.

I'd go with a used Katana 750 or something first. Ride that for two or three seasons. Plenty of power for your 6'3" 240lb frame and very forgiving too.

It's going to take time to develop the skills necessary to keep you alive on the road. Also, the learning curves going to be cheaper on a Katana than a Busa.

Take out big life insurance.....
sad.gif

NOT a first bike....

Back