Hello

hayabusa_chris

Registered
Hi! I am new here so I thought I would say hello
smile.gif
I'm Chris, 23 [24 soon], live in England. I don't currently own a Hayabusa, but I am going to buy one soon (within a few months). My Dad owned the original (unrestricted) Busa followed by a 2005 red/black Busa two bikes later, so I have had plenty of first-hand experience of how awesome the Hayabusa is. I currently ride a Honda CBR600F, so I was hoping anyone could answer a couple of questions for me?

- How much of the original 175 BHP (I am not looking to buy a 2008 model) would have likely been lost from a 1999 Hayabusa that has done 25,000 miles?

- Is moving from a lightweight 600cc sportsbike to a heavy 1300cc hypersport bike a bad move? I would be very careful at first, but once I am used to the power and weight, I can't see a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

- Is moving from a lightweight 600cc sportsbike to a heavy 1300cc hypersport bike a bad move? I would be very careful at first, but once I am used to the power and weight, I can't see a problem.
welcome.gif
to the Org. Treat her right and she will treat you great. Go slow and get use to the bike. I told my self I would behave for 6mo before I went crazy.
beerchug.gif
Did I say 6mo? or well close to it but it keep the wife happy.

Welcome  
welcome.gif
to the Org.
hello.gif

And on your loss of power, maybe 10%  
sadnews.gif
if it's been run hard and probably NONE  
thumb_up.gif
if it's been taken care of.

And on your move up, remember dumb is only dumb by the amount of RIGHT hand twisting you do and how quickly
winkold.gif
. You should be just fine if you take it one step at a time with the throttle openings. Once you get use to it, it'll be so natural, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. You'll just be FLYING and not notice i
whistling.gif
, which could be another problem with YOUR speed camaras
laugh.gif

Welcome to the oRg! Like others have said, use the muscle between your ears and you will be fine!
beerchug.gif

welcome.gif
Glad to have you on the org. The transition from the 600 to the busa should be easy for you.
ThumbsUp.gif

Welcome. You've paid your dues on the 600 and should do fine on the Busa as long as you're smart about it.

Welcome to the best site on the 'net. Greatest folks here...

Good luck with your significant upgrade, and as soon as you have some pix, put 'em up!

beerchug.gif

Welcome aboard.

Be nice to it and you'll enjoy it.

The speed cameras aren't fast enough to tag ya.
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

welcome aboard, my 99 busa is still kicking out 169.5 bhp on the last dyno run with 37000 on the clock.
i can live with that. lol
laugh.gif

Back