6 inch streatch

071300r

Registered
Hello all I was thinking of a 6 inch streatch on my 08, But I like to corner will it mess that up alot or a little or not at all?

dont like wheelies and want to launch harder, silly I know, I dont want to lower it I dont like the feeling me friend has his lowered, he said it would not change it much if any at all streatching it. I find it hard to believe

It really depends on how agressively you ride and corner.
Daily riding / commuting, it would be hardly noticeable in the turns to the average rider.
Will definitely help with the launch and reducing wheelies.

If your doing it just because you don't like wheelies, use your abc mode to kill the power. Or go up a tooth on the front sprocket, that will calm it down a bit. But if you don't like those answers, I wouldn't go 6 over. My bike has a turbo, makes 260hp, and it doesn't pull the front wheel. So a 6 over is overkill. If you get a cheater arm 1-3 over that will cure your problem. And it won't look gay if you don't lower it with that little of stretch.

Mine corners just fine.Look on the busa stampede pictures, there are a couple of guys taking the corners deep on stretched busas.It does feel different but it corners just fine.I only did a 5" stretch, maybe 6".

I just got through stretching mine 7in and didn't lower it at first. At 6,000 rpm from a roll it would still go 12 o'clock:whistle:(dead hooking) Lowered it 1 1/4 in just the front now it carries the front bout 2ft all the way through 1st:laugh:. I love the twisties too and have to work a lil to get it turn but i can still drag the pegs, just be careful on the gas coming out the turns because it will spin easier now:whistle:

What these fellas are really telling you is your bike will notice little difference in lean angle with a 6" stretch. They are correct. Actually, it will give you a bit more lean angle. The bike will tip in a bit slower but for twisty riding you'll get over that part.

What a stretch actually does is fooker up the suspension geometry. You are unloading the rear and loading the front so that sweet balance you had with stock suspension is gone forever. It also changes the swingarm angle adding more "Anti-squat" which decreases traction on the rear. When you give it gas the chain will pull the swingarm up under the bike which causes lose of traction. It adds more leverage on the shock and progressive linkage which decreases the shocks ability to control the rear tire. It changes rake and trail on the front as well, just to name a few of the negative issues.

Stretching your bike has absolutely no benifits to a street ride and creates a number of negative issues. Anyone who tells you a stretch creates no negative issues on cornering should be avoided when seeking suspension advise! :beerchug:

What these fellas are really telling you is your bike will notice little difference in lean angle with a 6" stretch. They are correct. Actually, it will give you a bit more lean angle. The bike will tip in a bit slower but for twisty riding you'll get over that part.

What a stretch actually does is fooker up the suspension geometry. You are unloading the rear and loading the front so that sweet balance you had with stock suspension is gone forever. It also changes the swingarm angle adding more "Anti-squat" which decreases traction on the rear. When you give it gas the chain will pull the swingarm up under the bike which causes lose of traction. It adds more leverage on the shock and progressive linkage which decreases the shocks ability to control the rear tire. It changes rake and trail on the front as well, just to name a few of the negative issues.

Stretching your bike has absolutely no benifits to a street ride and creates a number of negative issues. Anyone who tells you a stretch creates no negative issues on cornering should be avoided when seeking suspension advise! :beerchug:

I agree with most of what you said.......but to say 'it has no benifit to a street ride' Well i think thats up to who is riding the bike. It isn't a cornering machine like before IF thats your purpose then by no means stretch your bike! IF your goal is to help keep the front down while going WOT in 1st gear and still be able to ride the moutian moderately(not railing) then only you can make that decision. I say go with exstetions and if you dont like it then go back to it being stock. Tuf i'm sure you have a vast more knowledge than i on suspension so i'm just stating my own experience on stretching my own bike, so no disrespect intended toward you.

I agree with most of what you said.......but to say 'it has no benifit to a street ride' Well i think thats up to who is riding the bike. It isn't a cornering machine like before IF thats your purpose then by no means stretch your bike! IF your goal is to help keep the front down while going WOT in 1st gear and still be able to ride the moutian moderately(not railing) then only you can make that decision. I say go with exstetions and if you dont like it then go back to it being stock. Tuf i'm sure you have a vast more knowledge than i on suspension so i'm just stating my own experience on stretching my own bike, so no disrespect intended toward you.

My response would be, why not simply learn to operate the throttle? :dunno:

With practice you can overcome that fear of lifting the front.

Throttle Management and braking are both skills that should be developed, not feared!

My response would be, why not simply learn to operate the throttle? :dunno:

With practice you can overcome that fear of lifting the front.

Throttle Management and braking are both skills that should be developed, not feared!
I'm sure anybody can operate the throttle without lifting the front in a normal matter lol, but if you want to go WIDE OPEN you can get there quicker if your stretched IMO. I'm sure if you slip the clutch enough or maybe ride your rear brake you can there quicker also with prcatice as you said above. As i said above, the threads i've read of info. you have posted to i've always taken into all yours and others knowledge about these bikes as i'm new to, but learning very quickly:thumbsup:

the majority of people install aftermarket longer swingarms to gain attention. they get bored with the current look of their busa. to those people, just wear a shirt with a catchy phrase to get those looks you so desire and need.

to people who put riding as top priority, stick with the geometry Suzuki engineers created. They know what they are doing better than a semi intoxicated bike-night participant arm chair mechanic. good luck...

the majority of people install aftermarket longer swingarms to gain attention. they get bored with the current look of their busa. to those people, just wear a shirt with a catchy phrase to get those looks you so desire and need.

to people who put riding as top priority, stick with the geometry Suzuki engineers created. They know what they are doing better than a semi intoxicated bike-night participant arm chair mechanic. good luck...

Maybe folks just enjoy the way it looks and are willing to sacrifice some corning to get that aesthetic look? I know several hard riders who enjoy simple aesthetic changes that change handling Why do you have to be so offensive about it? No one with an extended swingarm is running around calling people with stock setups ignorant drunks cause they have what they like...

Be happy with what ya got and let others be happy with what they have.. It's all riding.

Wow :lol:

Stretching your bike creates a number of negative issues. Anyone who tells you a stretch creates no negative issues on cornering should be avoided when seeking suspension advise! :beerchug:

Spot on.

he said it would not change it much if any at all streatching it.

If it was a friend of mine, i'd question his definition of "much".
I've ridden longer and lower bikes and to me its VERY noticable,
but I live in a world that has corners too.

Back