4 to 6 inch extension

sllade

Registered
Hey guys can I do a 4 to 6 inch swingarm extension and still use my stock tire or do I have to go bigger I know new chain and brake line but I'm not really into the 300 rear tire I like the look of the extended rear just don't want a big ass tire on the rear

You can buy the swing arm extensions or a whole new arm for any size tire you want

Do you think it will look good
every person has different tastes, so it should only matter if you think it looks good since your the one riding it. I love 3-6 over. Here's mine sitting at about 6 over and lowered.

image-3640213072.jpg

Reactions: Zee
mine are ebay 6-9 extensions. i have them at about 8" right now so theres room for chain strech. but make sure u use a quality chain. my last busa had a kmc chain from the ebay kit and it destroyed the bike when it snapped. but the extensions and line is great

972019_10152995550190246_262528236_n_zpsa2ef46e1.jpg

Make sure you spend some extra money and get an actual swing arm, and not some cheap extensions. You would wish you did if you happen to be tumbling down the road because your extension broke. I have great prices on quality custom swing arms.

Last edited:
I love my swingarm, it sits about 8" out . the only thing is you lose some turn radius. In other words it turns like a harley

Or you can always do a STEALTH arm from POWERHOUSE.
We take your stock arm and lengthen it from 2-6". The most requested is the 4", which you see here. We also relocate the swingarm button bungs so you can still use a rear stand and brake arm mount on Gen 1s. You reuse the stock axle, axle blocks, bolts, etc. We supply the chain guard as well, everything powdercoated to match your frame . . .:laugh:

stealtharm1.jpg

stealtharm2.jpg

stealtharm3.jpg

stealtharm4.jpg

Or you can always do a STEALTH arm from POWERHOUSE.
We take your stock arm and lengthen it from 2-6". The most requested is the 4", which you see here. We also relocate the swingarm button bungs so you can still use a rear stand and brake arm mount on Gen 1s. You reuse the stock axle, axle blocks, bolts, etc. We supply the chain guard as well, everything powdercoated to match your frame . . .:laugh:

How much does the stealth arm cost?

The bolt-ons will work fine. Don't listen to the BS myths of them breaking off. Buy quality parts. I had a 1397 Busa that I drag raced many times AND I'm 300lbs. The extensions never even worked loose, ever.

The bolt-ons will work fine. Don't listen to the BS myths of them breaking off. Buy quality parts. I had a 1397 Busa that I drag raced many times AND I'm 300lbs. The extensions never even worked loose, ever.

It is NOT a myth. But it does not apply to every brand of extensions made. Obviously, you had a quality set. Please let us know what brand you used. I can tell everyone for a FACT that there are extensions that do break - don't buy Yanashiki extensions, they are crap :moon: and I wouldn't recommend buying extensions from ebay. There are also other issues, like them not lining up perfectly and/or maintaining the proper width at the rearmost point of your arm. Dragracing with them is one thing, do you think they might encounter different stresses if you tried to roadrace with them? The last set I saw break was on a CBR600 :whistle:

Everyone makes their choices and I will never choose to be a test dummy for someone's bolt on extensions.:laugh:

I had extensions on my busa..went 9 inches.. no problem. then later I opted for full swing arm from Kustom Cykle Designs and paid under $500 shipped to me. This was extended to my dimensions and powder coated silver. Looks great and works fine. and this was underbraced as well.. very happy with it and its appearance.. I still have the extensions as well as the stock swing arm in case I ever decided to go back to stock... and found this company off ebay. they have maintained a 100% rating. just looked again as I toyed with idea to go further out and maybe a 240 or better.. right now I run it almost 9 inches and a 200 rear. looks nice.. hit me up if you want .. can send pics..

I can't remember the brand name I used. It was 8-9years ago.

Back